Panhead seat restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead seat restoration

I've got a buddy seat that I want to get restored/recovered for my 48 Pan. Anyone know who is doing seat restoration now? I tried getting on the Mariatta Vintage site but it's no longer up. Are they out of business? I've also thought of buying one of those repro seats, but I don't know how accurate they are.

Try http://www.corbingentry.com/ they make repairs. You can even schedule a visit if you call first.

Comment

seat recoverd

try heathers's leather they did a couple of seat for my bikes all were great jobs i've seen him at oley and harmony he has a booth with lots of leather goodies his phone #864-839-2220 give him a call he a nice guy. pat

Comment

I emailed Corbin-Gentry and they sent me a catalog. Will these seats pass the AMCA judging? Their brochure appears to be taken right out of the pages of the V-Twin catalog. It even had the V-Twin logo on the cover. Are they owned by V-Twin now?
        I've been calling the number for Heather's for a week. I think that they must be on vacation. I'll keep trying. I'd like to resuse my original baseplate.

Comment

Everything is owned by V-Twin.

Comment

Don,
            If you want the best seat restoration and one that will stand up to the AMCA judging standards get in touch with Saddles By Heilman, 512-836-5685, or laryheil@onr.com

They can recover your old pan or provide a new one, if you use your old pan, you can save some money and time by stripping and powdercoating it before sending it out. The quality is second to none and as close to original using modern materials.

Carl N. Olsen
            Carl's Cycle Supply

Comment

I'll second Heilman. He does some incredible work.

Heilman Saddles

Comment

Thank you, I'll contact Heilman.

Comment

I looked at Heilmans website (looks like real quality work) and called him. He only does horsehair seats with the prewar seam. He did give me the name of another person that does post war foam seats with the other style seam. I'm not really hot on powdercoating the pan, having had previous problems with it's incompatability with other products like some paints and some thinners. I'm afraid of touch up problems since I ride my bikes a lot and might have to touch up the pan when I scratch it. I'm going to bring my pan to a local "Fac-O-Bake" car paint job place to get it painted with baked enamel and then send it out to this guy to get recovered and I'll let you know how the work turns out.

Comment

Working...
                  X