Weekend Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Ride

Don't want to rub it in but...the weather in Oklahoma this weekend was spectacular and long awaited. I had a chance to take the Knuckle for a spin on Saturday and Sunday (after attending to my families needs first). I had to wipe the slobber off of the tanks and the bugs off my teeth. It was great! My right leg is sore from kicking the bike and I'm loving every minute of it. Best part was waiving to the other motorcycles with my right hand while bouncing on the tractor seat down the road.... man I love those unexpected warm weekend days in winter. Cures the cabin fever. Hardly, maybe this blurb will help you get through the winter up there in the northeast. Warm weather is coming!

Jim (46 Knuckle)

Irish Ground Hog Day Blues

Well...well...ISN'T THAT JUST GRAND.. Jim M.....It's a comedian you should be....WHY I OUGHTA.....And to think that the local weatherman....not more then a mere day ago was hisself calling for a mild day.....a balmy 50 degrees for Sunday He said....."GROUND HOG DAY!!" as it were......Ahh...and tis' meselfs' BIRTHDAY TO BOOT!... A grand day it should be... And me planning as I was to get out to the garage to at least drag the cicle out to start it!...Oh Sure....Crappy weather ..cold and windy as it turned out. So now today I rushes thru my work day...STRAINING ME BACK like I did ....trying to get home before the Devil darkns the day... cause it was to be a wee bit mild'....only to arrive at me humble cottage.... late...opening the barn door and stare blank faced at the bike...setting a full 3 feet ..if it were a foot.. off the ground on the 'fancy-smancy' pnuematic lift table!.....and there 'AIN'T NO WAY' I'm gonna be able to get that blasted..Gas powered compressor with PULL START running...to get the lift to working... to get the blasted cicle down to KICK START it.....If you could imagine!!!...Close the door says I and be done with it!!...Course me dissappointment faded into the wind after a few warm pints of the Dark Port.....The 'Duke' on the tele....and Herself ....Maureen O'hara... with the 'Face of an Angel'.......staring back at me like she was....as I ponder the matched pair of 1955 ..(Me Birth year you know).. Jersey MC Plates the Little Missus found me for my 'Special Day' ..Bless your heart little Darlin'.....Go on now and fetch me another Pint if you would....Hurry it up!.....Oh look out!...here comes the part in the movie when the 'Duke' clobbers his soon to be brother-in-law...(the great Victor McLaglen)...sending him straight thru the Taverns door....A thing of Beauty it was........That reminds me......WHY I OUGHTA..... .....Fight'n Irish Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Easy Hardly, I didn't mean to make that irish blood start to boil. The weatherman is showing snow again here. I'm back to the winter blues. Sounds like you need to get one of them there electric powered compressors. Or better yet throw the compressor motor out and run it off of a 45 flathead motor. It will start everytime. Would be a cool looking compressor.

Comment

When Irish Eyes Are Smilin'.....

Jim, I'm glad one of us got to ride....hopefully my currrent project will be completed by fall and it'll be set-up to ride all year... come rain, snow or salted roads!....Now whered' I put me' Beck's Dark....... ...Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Working...
        X