new member says HELLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member says HELLO

HELLO!!!! I am a new member and would like to get my feet wet on the list. I know some of these can get nasty, I hope this one is friendly.
    I am in Riverton, Utah. I run a small machine shop and custom paint shop called Custom Specialties. I have owned a 48 pan for 30 years. It was a chopper but now I am taking it back to stock. I will be asking a lot of questions in the future so bare with me. I need to sell my 57 straight leg frame and get a 48 wishbone. And I also need to get an offset 48 stock springer rear legs. If any of you need machine or paint work done give me a call.
    Looking forward to being a member of the AMCA.
    Oh you can check out my web sight at:
    www.customs-specialties.com
    Thanks

Welcome Creep,
    I am sorry to hear the news about Big Daddy.
    Good luck with the project. The 48 with a springer has always been one of my favorites, there is a photo of a great original one in Greg Fields book "PANHEADS" the bike is blue with all kinds of period junk on it. A sprung solo is a lot more comfortable than a thin chopper seat mounted on a frame. How come you decided to de-chopperize? How reliable has the bike been over the 30 years?
    I have had to do a few things to my 61 Pan but basically it is reliable as the sun, dual points and all. It would be great to see some before and after shots.
    Doug

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      Be patient waiting for replys from others. Two finger typing takes time. Well, for me it does.

Comment

Welcome back to the past.

Comment

Welcome Creep...this is not a fast-moving board but an interesting one!

Comment

Howdy

I'm another new forum member. Hopefully with nearly 10,000 members we can get some life into this place....

I got my first Panheads in 1971. A 1949 FL.and one titled as a 1941 EL (yep). Then I got a 1950 FL. I built one as a 74 FL (with the 41EL title) and used it as my main solo highway machine. First it was a chopper and in 1974 I went stock. I lunched the motor in 1998 and it's been sitting ever since.

My other Pan (50FL) was set up with a sidecar, reverse, adjustable fork, and winter windshield. That was my winter bike for years. My brother has it now.

I found the Panheads to be reliable enough, but the 6 volt electrics were weak with our daylight headlight law.

Comment

Working...
            X