Whats your favorite Motorcycle movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favorite Motorcycle movie?

This can be a difficult question to answer can't it? Just thought it would be cool to see what folks like out there. I tend to like the movie called "On Any Sunday" the Bruce Brown film documentary about MC racing and just playing around on Sunday.

Jim

PS- Does anyone know where you can get the movie called "CODE TWO"? I have been watching for this movie to come on TV for years now and haven't seen it since I was in High School. 'bout 27 years ago.

Favourite movie!

yes, you are correct. On any Sunday is the kick ass winner. have you seen the updated version with the interspersed commentaries by the original participants! EVEN BETTER!
    Of course Easy Rider is an all time classic even if you are not a chopper freak it was so well done and conveyed so much.
    There is an old George Formby classic which was very comical although it has been 25 years since I last saw it. More along the lines of a documentary is the video taken from the handlebars of Joey Dunlop doing one incredible lap at speed of the Isle of man, at speeds of over 180mph down narrow wet lanes it boggles the mind! "the Wild One" was just too corny and as we all know the real hero was Lee Marvin ( especially since he was a real life biker) But the Oscar must go to On Any Sunday with big thanks to Steve McQueen who bankrolled it and also the greatest car movie ever " Le Mans" Cheers, Barry

Comment

Whats your favorite Motorcycle movie?

While "On Any Sunday" is all motorcycle, I still think that George Formby's 1935 classic "No Limit" which weaves a quite plausible comedy around the T.T. races in the Isle of Man is the winner. Formby was in real life a motorcycle enthusiast and owned, at various times, an SS100 Brough Superior (late 1930's) and a Norton International (post WWII)

A more recent film which used motorcycle racing as the basis for a drama was "Little Fauss and Big Halsey". Rarely found on late night TV but worth a watch.

AFJ

Comment

Canadian Army Film Unit's "Motorcycle Training" w/ bonus footage of mud race! Produced with the co-operation of Canadian Training Schools- England. 11:16 min. with sound. .avi & .mov film formats on CD disk

Comment

Ha - Ha ....ha, very funny Kirk. And yes- I still have 3 copies of that footage on CD if you want it. Just email me. anyone.

I also liked the G. Formby TT movie. I did see somewhere, a guy in England built a replica of the full "checkered" fairing bike from the movie (Norton?). I watched and thought about the American guys shipping the bikes over and unloading. 80mph with no safety gear -lots of stone walls. She's a killer. George singing -extended museum -1911 Indian little twin
          Maybe the only TT song I've ever heard.

On Any Sunday. Volume up real loud during the flat track footage.

I also have seen some very rare teenage factory footage. Triumph. Never under estimate the versatility of a hammer. Just make that gas tank fit in that frame! HA!

The NY board track video is also a favorite. Rope tow starts are neat to watch. The quality of this footage is incredible. Real time, very fluid- not choppy. Buy it.

Two drunk naked guys -15mph on road- the guy on the back lifts his legs up and forward trying to show off, causing himself to fall/roll off, lands on his ass. Spills his beer. Bike rally south of equator. Internet video. I always get a laugh from this on my darkest days.

Ahhh-ha! found it - this kid in france has posted a copy see nude - vid clips
          My wife just walked in and started to laugh hysterically at the stupidity of these guys. She said full frontal male nudity was a nice change.

Ahhh... more bike video in widows media format footagebikemovies.com Looking at all this dumb stuff reminds me of all the nasty freak accidents that I've seen buddies get into on the race track. A grim reminder.

I like the antique stunt footage better.

Comment

Mad Max

Comment

Yes, I did see the newer versions of On Any Sunday with the other CDs and the original guys talking about the old movie. I bought the 3 CD 30th anniversary set.

Do you remember the offbeat movie called "Eat The Peach"? I am not too sure on what to make of that, but it was kind of funny.

Jim

Comment

Eat The Peach Movie

Jim, I found that movie 'Eat The Peach' thru the www.MovieGoods.com site. It's available from Amazon.com. They have New and used VHS tapes available. I'm going to order a good used one today. Irish...Motorcycles and a Wall of Death...Sounds just like my house!!... Later, Hrdly-Dangrs

Comment

Yes, of course "Eat The Peach" was a fantastic flic. Thanks for reminding me and the location of a copy.If any of you out there have not seen it, do yourself a favour and pick up a copy.

Comment

Working...
                  X