Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that deals with vintage motorcycles. For the amount I'm going to ride my ULH, State Farm is very high priced. Thanks.

Antique Insurance

There is a web site that will give you a quote & information,based on the value of your bike. We deal with this Co. & they cover EVERYTHING including spare parts etc. Based on the fact you will not have a lot of milage. Go to www.condonskelly.com I'm sure they maybe able to help you.

Comment

I also have Condon and Skelly. I havn't compared in a few years but they seem very reasonable. Eli

http://hometown.aol.com/elisent/page2.html

Comment

Eli!
        The one thing I learned about insurance this last week is that an agent can give you a much cheaper quote from a company than if you call the company yourself.

Specifically Progressive, where I actually ended up with cheaper coverage than I had.

It makes no sense of course.

Comment

http://www.dairylandinsurance.com/Pr...Insurance.html Here is a great link to a fine company for Classic motorcycle insurance. Be sure to go to the bottom of the page and view the classic bikes they use on their posters every year. FatDog

Comment

Use your home/auto as leverage -works well with independent brokers. Establishing a long term relationship helps also. I used to work for Allstate, in head office. Take your broker out for lunch, and pay for it. It will go a long way. Just keep nodding your head but don't commit to universal life. If you run the numbers yourself, you'll see what I mean.

Finding a broker that is simpathetic/understanding towards bikers is important. Tell them how many miles you will ride the bike each yr, how its stored, etc. Antiques should not be treated the same a regular riders.
            You would be shocked at the deals that these guys can make. Take into mind that sometimes higher rates equal better coverage and personal service. If Ahhhh...you ever have to make a claim. ie. processing time, and what happens in the interm and how your delt with. Hard to guage until you've been through the mill. Once again, look for personal service and establish a relationship.

Just my two cents.

Comment

J.C. Taylor "Inshorance"

I pay $60.00 a year for bare bones liability on my '59 Panhead (i.e; "This policy does not provide Medical Payments, or Passenger liability, etc, etc.). They request that you belong to a club and that you only put "club-run" miles on the machine (i.e; Yours is not a daily-driver) and they like you to keep it garaged, but then again, you're not covered for theft. The Zurich Insurance Group, policy issued by Maryland Casualty Co., through J.C. Taylor Antique Auto Insur., Inc. You can give them a call at 800- 345-8290. They used to insure my '51 Chevy 1(/2 ton pickup) for $40.00 more; but I'm not driving it around now.

Comment

Working...
              X