question for carl olsen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for carl olsen...

Carl...I read your reply under 'panheads' concerning paint color...i have not had my restored '45' painted a 'stock' color...everything else on the bike IS, however, stock...does this now mean i cannot enter my bike in any shows??!!!??

call me heartsick...........

btw...it is very close to clipper blue!...with birch white tank inserts...if this makes a difference......

You can still get your bike judged, but you will get an automatic 6 point deduction for wrong paint color. With this 6 point deduction you can not achieve a senior award as that is 95 points and over. Good luck in the judging circle.

What ever happened to people painting thier bikes black, that is always acceptable?

Carl

Comment

Thanks, Carl, for your reply...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Carl N. Olsen
      [B]You can still get your bike judged, but you will get an automatic 6 point deduction for wrong paint color. With this 6 point deduction you can not achieve a senior award as that is 95 points and over. Good luck in the judging circle.

*well, that's a disappointment.....

What ever happened to people painting thier bikes black, that is always acceptable?

*I had considered 'black', but for over 20 years, I've ridden my flathead every day, weather permitting, so I felt it 'safer' to paint it a color that is very visable...some Pennsylvania drivers are oblivious, particularly to motorcycles...not to mention the fact that they're ALWAYS on their cell phones...even in my large truck, I've nearly been hit many, many times...

BTW...here's a 'not-so-great' pic of it after restoration...hope this works...

http://home.att.net/~lellis48/wsb/media/87575/site1047.GIF

Comment

let's try again...

hoping it worked....

Comment

I tried to get your pictures, but could not. Please email them to me at carlcycle@nrctv.com
          I will email you some pics of bikes I have done if you leave an email
          Carl

Comment

Hummm... wait a sec. Let me try this. I want to see this action!

L.A. completed!

*jpeg images are better for photos. Smaller file size & better compression.

I used this link. http://home.att.net/~lellis48/wsb/ht...ID-300947.html

I find it easier to locate the image in a separate new browser window. Then I high light it (address window -top) "cut and paste" the http://www. location into my post in the first window. Saves having to write it down and only takes a second. Hope this helps?

Comment

thanks adminguy!

Now if i could just figure out how to scale down the pics...i'd be in 'fat-rat-city'!

Comment

Working...
              X