lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift

HEY ADMIN GUY, I USE A LIFT THAT I BOUGHT FROM NORTHERN HYDRALICS (SP?) IT IS INTENDED FOR ATV'S AND MOTORCYCLES. I DO HAVE TO RUN THE BIKE UP ON 2X10'S DUE TO THE FACT THAT MY BIKE IS LOW. THE COST WAS APPX. 125.00 BUT WELL WORTH THE PRICE. IT IS A FOOT ACTUATED PUMP STYLE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

You can get a real "Detailed Building Guide" to fab a motorcycle table lift from a guy in Phoenix at liftplans@afabonline.com. He charges $44.00 for the plans, (Their well worth it.) It works with a 2 1/4 ton floor jack. I bought mine at Harbor Freight for $35.00. The material needed to build your lift will cost around $200.00. Really good design includes material and cutting list, drilling instructions, layout for welding and assembly. Easy to read drawings. I've built one and have the pieces cut to build a second for the shop. Works great.

Comment

What type of lift? scissor, angle? What is the max height? My back is still killing me. Funny thing - GrandPa was over hanging out in the garage yaking with me as I worked. I was sitting cross legged. In my attempt to get up my knees' buckled (as opposed to working) and I went down pretty hard. Luckly bounced off a car hood on the way down.

GrandPa looks at me and says: "You shouldn't sit like that, ...would you like a beer"?

It must have looked pretty funny.

Comment

Try http://www.afabonline.com/table_lift_plans.htm AdminGuy. I previously typed in his email address by mistake. The site has some good photos. Max height on mine is 32", you can go a little higher depending on where you put the stops.

Comment

Good stuff! Thank-you.

Comment

Working...
          X