1901 Steffey Motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 Steffey Motorcycle

I have a 1901 Steffey Motor attachment on a 1900 Pierce Bicycle. I am in need of an old Mixer, perhaps a Lunkenhiemer or a Steffey, and a Bemus Timer that was used on early automobiles. Any old pictures, literature or info on this bike would help me with the restoration alot. Thanks, John Koller

steffey

Hi John: A litttle something of interest, but probably won't be any help. I was going through a box file of Shaw Manufacturing invoices the other day and found one dated 1919. Mr. Shaw had sold a used Steffey motor attachment for $25. Do you know which type of Lunkenhimer mixer you need? Regards, John Hasty

Comment

Is it just me? Or have alot of guys subscribed to this pre-16 forum? The above post was dated today and it has 56 views?

Note: when you subscribe to an area the database will auto email you (with a direct link) when someone posts in it. A very neat feature. Can be found in your "user CP" you subscribe by clicking receive updates to this tread --at the bottom of the page. You can unsubscribe by going into your user cp.

Comment

Steffey

I was told by Kip O Hara, who has restored the only other Steffey motorcycle known, that it was supposed to have a Steffey Mixer, but a lunk for a stationary engine would work. I guess he got lucky and it had everything it needed except motor mounts and the little stuff like a gas tank and controls. does anyone outthere know where I could find any more info on this. I am looking for an actual piece of booklet of literature, not just an ad. Thanks, John Koller

Comment

Bob Winters has some literature reguarding the Steffey. I think there are a few Steffeys out there. Didn't one sell on E-bay last year? Joe do you still have your 1914 Thor?

Comment

Working...
          X