IND Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IND Scout

I've always liked Indian Scouts. And have been told that the years 36-38 were the best years? Is this true? Primarily because after the depression they were building them light and fast for racing. Can anyone offer me any insight into this.

I'd really like a scout to follow me home, one day.

Paul;
    I am no Scout expert but you would be right if you were to say the 1935-39 were the best but there are other considerations.
    The later Scouts with full fenders or sprung frames simply added
    weight so you would be right to exclude them. The 1932-34 Standard Scouts used a chief frame so were unnecessarily heavy.
    No arguments there. There 101 Scouts were and still are great bikes and I am sure that you will hear many arguments favoring them. However, they are constant loss oilers and don't have enough umph to keep up with modern traffic. So if it is a rider you want then a more modern Sport Scout is the way to go. I own a 1922 Scout (early Scout, long tank Scout, short frame Scout whatever you want to call it). They don't seem to get the praise they deserve. After all they really are the basis for all the Scouts and Chiefs to come. They were only 37 cu in so no great powerhouse but you know they really were some of the best
    made bikes of their time.

Comment

1929 Scouts were lighter and lower, look cooler.

Comment

Working...
      X