RHINEBECK, Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHINEBECK, Thanks!

To Mudfish and everyone else who works hard to put this meet on I want to thank you for your time and effort!
    I appreciate it very much. Jp/46EL

Ditto to 46EL's post. I greatly enjoyed the meet and the people who make it happen. Smitty

Comment

Just received an email from the Hudson Valley chapter of the AMCA-says the Dutchess County Fairgrounds is not going to allow them use of the fairgrounds in 2019. No reason given. I look forward to this meet and hope it will continue.

Comment

Of the 3 meets that made up Rhinebeck the old Hebron meet is back to National status. By moving it to Terryville it will be interesting to see how it effects that meet? Brookfield still has their August non national meet and I know nothing about the old Colonial chapter and what they do or don't want to do?? I also believe that Rhinebeck was made up to condense 3 smaller meets to cut expenses? So we made the Rhinebeck super meet and now it is fading. As far as "no reason given" I bet it has to do with attendance. No way the amount of foot traffic I saw at the meet paid Rhinebeck gate money enough to cover the 4 days of expenses they encountered. 46EL
        Last edited by 46EL; 06-19-2018, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Rheinbeck meet back on track and in good hands for future Keith Mudfish got the wheel

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
          To Mudfish and everyone else who works hard to put this meet on I want to thank you for your time and effort!
          I appreciate it very much. Jp/46EL
          Had a great time on Friday at the meet Keith really had it going after the shaky start to this meet . Bought some great parts rode around on the old bikes and met some old friends
          and all in all had a great day with my son

Larry

read article in ride-ct.com very interesting

Comment

Are going to Terryville vending and you have a motor home towing a trailer? To me it appears the days of driving in and staking out your own little Ben Cartwright type ($50 max cost) Ponderosa might have have passed from what I see. The field is marked out pretty rigidly in 20 by 30 foot spaces. What used to cost you $50 at one time might be 2 to 3 times that much depending on what you need for space(s). That was one of the biggest pluses about Hebron. Tons of open spaces with a very lax setting that was appealing to vendors. Many thanks to Dan M. who brought that meet back from the brink of extinction. Please remember that the VENDORS make up a big portion of the reason why people go to to the meet. Remember what Harmony and Rhinebeck used to be when things were good? So where are they now? Also note for indoor type covered vending at Terryville that also having an outside spot for your vehicle across from your covered spot might be gone. I just said the other day that the only reason I belong to the AMCA is so I can vend at both Rhinebeck and Hebron. If I give them up and don't renew my membership I can still attend and see what goes on. Or view it all right on the club facebook page without paying a dime. Sad, 46EL and I promise that I won't let the door hit me in the a$$ on the way out.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Keith Mudfish Mosler and he told me the Rheinbeck meet is done , over and will not happen again. in the next few weeks he will rally the troops to see who want to participate in a new meet .
              thanks for the great weekend Keith.
              Larry

Comment

Working...
              X