Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

65 FLH so many of you gave me tips on ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 FLH so many of you gave me tips on ...

My first attempt at resto was a 1965 FLH. Only two previous owners, but along the way it got rattle-canned to death, so I tore it down to the frame and worked back up from there. Meticulous repro paint job (the guy literally took his calipers to old HD photos to measure the relative size, shape, placement and curvature of the pinstripe on the tank), all new NOS or accurate reproduction fasteners from Old Dude, rebuilt motor, etc. Only 31K on the clock, but it was so worn out that's probably 131 or even 231. For now, it's a "custom" by AMCA standards, given the chrome spokes and pans, and aftermarket front fender, seat and bags. I have the correct bags, am looking for a correct solo seat, and will be returning the spokes to cad this winter. Previous owner had it done up in the white accessory theme, but I rather liked it and kept it that way.

_DSC0154.jpg_DSC0155.jpg_DSC0156.jpg_DSC0157.jpg_DSC0158.jpg

Special thanks to Chris Haynes, Cotten, Rooster, Rubone, and Panz4ever who, along with a few others, gave me endless info and advice that I couldn't find in reference books.
    Ride it like you can fix it!

I think your "custom" turned out great. good job.

Comment

Very nice John, congratulations.
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Very nice job, it looks great

Comment

Beautiful 1st out restoration John! Enjoy! *M.A.D.*

Comment

Working...
          X