schebler bowl trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schebler bowl trade

Want to trade my bowl on the left (Schebler DL) for a bowl like the one on the right (Schebler HX). The DL bowl is in good shape, other than the little dings put in by some moron in the past who never thought of finding out why his float was sticking. Trade only; thanks for your consideration.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Eric!

If you want one with the same bowlstem opening as the one on the left,
    (3/4" versus 9/16"; Some 1¼" HX models used that bowl, if it is the same as a Type A DLX: your photos do not show the level of the bowlcap), I have one, just as punished, but nicely patinated nickel.

But you will want to measure the inside diameter of the "gasket surface" of the body's flange for certainty, as there were far, far too many variations of Scheblers and their bowls to count.
    It might help if you told us what model you need it for...

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-25-2017, 11:01 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The big bowl, which I want to trade away is 2.56" o.d. at the top gasket surface, where it would meet the carb body, and 2.25 i.d.

The small bowl, that I would like to receive in trade measures 2.31" o.d.at the top gasket surface: 2.12" i.d. I intend to use it on a HX 160, circa 1916-'17 Harley J.

I knew you would know what they were for, Tom. Curious what the big bowl was used on?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Can't be certain, Eric,

The common DL 2 bowl for most bronze DLXs has a lip for the bowlcap that extends above the "gasket surface".
        Your photos suggest the lip for the bowlcap is the same level as the top of the bowl, making it a bit more mysterious. Most commonly, but not always, I find them on Type A DLXs, and occasionally on HX181s.

....Cotten
        Attached Files
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thank you for lending your knowledge, Tom. I've had this big bowl around for a long time and would like to see it go to someone who needs it, which is the beauty of trading. We'll see what happens; and thanks again.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
          X