2017 Yankee National at Hebron Ct.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Yankee National at Hebron Ct.

Not to be missed !!! Check it out on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/426983914301860/
    Attached Files

Always buying Massachusetts Motorcycle License Plates. 1903 - 1961 -------------

Looking for any vintage Tumbleweed Motorcycle Club stuff

e-mail me at cashpaid@verizon.net

I'm thinking about attending this show for the first time but would like feedback as to the size of the event. Is this meet anywhere near the size of the Oley meet?
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Hi not as big as oley but same laid back feel, fun meet, mystery road run great. I think last year most venders ever seems to grow every year I never miss it.

Comment

It is a fun meet and in a great location. Catch it if you can.
        Dr. Smartypants

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will put this on my schedule.
          Craig (Delaware)
          Delaware Bay Chapter
          Perkiomen Chapter
          AMCA Member #1011

Comment

It's getting closer! Hope to see you all there!
            ************************************************** *****************

Always buying Massachusetts Motorcycle License Plates. 1903 - 1961 -------------

Comment

Only a month away!

Comment

So yes, this Meet seems to grow every year. But from what I myself and others personally witnessed this past Thursday 8-3-17 something is very very wrong and it needs to be addressed ASAP. Sad to say but half of our covered spots that some of us rely on to vend in were demolished by the Hebron Lions Club for some reason. So the AMCA Members who used these spots scrambled and started to help each other and fill other spots in another building.

Just before noon another member arrives and personally starts tossing a vendors tables and tote boxes out in the street and starts yelling and screaming at Club Members. Then he points to my spot and tells the crowd to take my stuff and toss it and take my spot because I arrived early? I personally told him that was not the way to treat fellow members who have like me, patronized this meet for years through both good and bad times. Then this hothead belittles another members wife by screaming at her about vending also? I do not care who your are as far as officers go or even a plain old AMCA member in this club, there is NO reason WHAT SO EVER to treat people like this. Tossing another persons personal property around is nothing more than a borderline criminal act. Anybody that does that to a fellow AMCA member in my opinion should automatically and immediately be ejected from the grounds by the Club. Those half a dozen spots sat empty all day Friday when they could have been used by some of the elderly members who ended up in the hot sun all day today, and for what reason? Something about those spots were needed by the club for bad weather?

So what was the large green tarp doing hanging from the tossers tent over to the empty spots? The large party tent you now rent isn't big enough? You need you own personal party space directly across from your spot? The VENDORS make this meet what it is and pay for it at $50 for each spot. So you pissed off the guy from Mass and watched him load his truck and leave all for your own personal gain?

Sad to see you go Dan M. as the Chapter President. This new President needs to have someone formally apologize to John from Mass for what was done to him and a few others also. John comes all the way down from Uxbridge Mass which is a costly 2 hour ride and ends up leaving all because of another members selfish hot headed attitude? Someone who is level headed should have approached all of us and tried to remedy the situation in a reasonable manner. All you did by getting pissed of and blowing your top was to piss me and a few others off and now i'm blowing my top right back at you. Remember what happened to the meet in NJ we all used to go to? Want to see it happen to Hebron?
                Think about all the hard work Dan did to bring this meet back from the brink of extinction?
                Somewhat respectfully, John Pupecki Member#4340
                Last edited by 46EL; 08-05-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

John, things got screw up for several reasons and let me state them. The first is the meet has been small. Nobody gave thought that 40 something venders would come calling on Thursday morning and not obey the 12:00 entry rule. The meet is at this time first come first, first serve. I found somebody in my space that was nice enough to move over one but he didn't have to. We took a great meet and made it greater but with out question. We need to start having pre-registration next year. It has just grown to large to control with out it. We all worked to hard to bring this meet back to have it fail now. Bob L
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I agree Robert. But growth is NO reason or excuse for one mans actions towards another club member. The covered building vending spots were lost to demolition and we have to make the best of it. Throwing anyone belongings out of another vending spot for your own personal gain to sit and have cocktails is what i'm pissed about. When I got there this morning to clean out my spot because of the rain there was ONE lounge chair and ONE motorcycle in the spot I mentioned above. That spot could have held at least 3 vendors. Or six smaller vendors like Jay Greski who is in his mid 70's in spots like the size one I was able to fit in. He left yesterday knowing he ended up not having cover and could not take any more sun if it did get sunny.

Little John from mass drove probably 160 miles round trip in his box truck that probably gets 8 miles to the gallon only to be abused. He left on the verge of having a stroke or heart attack as he was PISSED. I guess the Club gave him back his vending money but I personally feel the man that abused him owes him gas money ALONG with a lengthy apology. Imagine that one club official collects money from a vendor and the next guy comes along and wants his spot so he tosses his stuff out on the grounds??? I saved another spot for my friend Charlie and he said screw it and gave his parts to a friend to sell once he saw what happened. That's another 50 bucks the Club lost on vending fees. AND FURTHERMORE John like me and a bunch of other Yankees showed up every year thru those lean years we had right before and after Rhinebeck was started. We had a few years that I could have skipped Hebron, stayed home and threw a few things on ebay and made more money than I did both days at Hebron. And a few years where we sold NOTHING on Saturday but we hung in there. Only to be physically and verbally abused this past weekend? We are all created equal as far as membership goes. Whether you are a Vendor or a Club officer and nobody has the right to treat anyone in the manner that John was treated Thursday.

The huge new tent was never totally filled from what I saw all day Friday? You want a nice big tent AND we can now afford to throw people out of vending spots who have patronized the event for a few dozen years now. The VENDORS make the money for the Chapter and the National. Without VENDORS there would be no swap meet. Road runs and field games will not pay the tab. Without vendors there would be no $10 admission necessary as nobody would come if there were no parts available for sale.

If you come to socialize fine. Come to have a few drinks fine. But stop and think what pays the bills before you play God with someones rights as a Club Member AND as a human being also. AS far as the 12 noon or 2PM thing goes EVERYONE should have tossed out of their spots. DO NOT single out one person, TOSS EVERYONE or toss NOBODY!!!!!. ....Again, "somewhat" respectfully as i'm still VERY VERY pissed about what happened and what I saw. Jp 46EL.
                    Last edited by 46EL; 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                      So yes, this Meet seems to grow every year. But from what I myself and others personally witnessed this past Thursday 8-3-17 something is very very wrong and it needs to be addressed ASAP. Sad to say but half of our covered spots that some of us rely on to vend in were demolished by the Hebron Lions Club for some reason. So the AMCA Members who used these spots scrambled and started to help each other and fill other spots in another building.

Just before noon another member arrives and personally starts tossing a vendors tables and tote boxes out in the street and starts yelling and screaming at Club Members. Then he points to my spot and tells the crowd to take my stuff and toss it and take my spot because I arrived early? I personally told him that was not the way to treat fellow members who have like me, patronized this meet for years through both good and bad times. Then this hothead belittles another members wife by screaming at her about vending also? I do not care who your are as far as officers go or even a plain old AMCA member in this club, there is NO reason WHAT SO EVER to treat people like this. Tossing another persons personal property around is nothing more than a borderline criminal act. Anybody that does that to a fellow AMCA member in my opinion should automatically and immediately be ejected from the grounds by the Club. Those half a dozen spots sat empty all day Friday when they could have been used by some of the elderly members who ended up in the hot sun all day today, and for what reason? Something about those spots were needed by the club for bad weather?

So what was the large green tarp doing hanging from the tossers tent over to the empty spots? The large party tent you now rent isn't big enough? You need you own personal party space directly across from your spot? The VENDORS make this meet what it is and pay for it at $50 for each spot. So you pissed off the guy from Mass and watched him load his truck and leave all for your own personal gain?

Sad to see you go Dan M. as the Chapter President. This new President needs to have someone formally apologize to John from Mass for what was done to him and a few others also. John comes all the way down from Uxbridge Mass which is a costly 2 hour ride and ends up leaving all because of another members selfish hot headed attitude? Someone who is level headed should have approached all of us and tried to remedy the situation in a reasonable manner. All you did by getting pissed of and blowing your top was to piss me and a few others off and now i'm blowing my top right back at you. Remember what happened to the meet in NJ we all used to go to? Want to see it happen to Hebron?
                      Think about all the hard work Dan did to bring this meet back from the brink of extinction?

Somewhat respectfully, John Pupecki Member#4340
                      John, Thank you for providing me the opportunity to address this issue of totally inappropriate behavior. The Yankee National Rally only works when we respect each other. ‘John from Uxbridge’ came to me for a refund of his vendor fee. John was so upset that he would not allow me to resolve this issue. Worse yet, John was so upset he was unable to accept my apologies.
                      Our meet only works when all of us respect each other and the first come first choice policy. Clearly that didn’t happen here. I have made it clear to the offender that he was completely out of line and asked him to apologize, not only to John from Uxbridge but to all the members that were affected by his actions. I witnessed the ‘tosser’ reach out to several people.
                      Thank you again for allowing me this opportunity to address this problem and offer my heartfelt apology to all.
                      Ted

Comment

John, Thank you for providing me the opportunity to address this issue of totally inappropriate behavior. The Yankee National Rally only works when we respect each other. ‘John from Uxbridge’ came to me for a refund of his vendor fee. John was so upset that he would not allow me to resolve this issue. Worse yet, John was so upset he was unable to accept my apologies.
                        Our meet only works when all of us respect each other and the first come first choice policy. Clearly that didn’t happen here. I have made it clear to the offender that he was completely out of line and asked him to apologize, not only to John from Uxbridge but to all the members that were affected by his actions. I witnessed the ‘tosser’ reach out to several people.
                        Thank you again for allowing me this opportunity to address this problem and offer my heartfelt apology to all.
                        Ted

Comment

Glad to see that some civility is being shown in resolving this issue. As said, it should never have reached the point it did but Ted seems to be on top of this and seeking to resolve this and hopefully all will respond positively to his efforts. I hope all can get beyond this unfortunate incident and see it as a learning moment for the future. I was not there but sounds like it was ugly but efforts are being made to "fix" it.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                          AMCA#12766

Comment

The place where John set up was not a vending spot. He was set up in an area that had historically been reserved as a gathering place for Yankees and all meet attendees as a rest area to shelter from sun or storm. I removed some of his parts from the area at around 10:00AM, during Chapter set up time, two hours before vendors were supposed to enter the fairgrounds. I admit that I was not very diplomatic with my efforts and should have handled it more gracefully. I regret losing my temper and raising my voice. It was my responsibility to stake out the reserved area for the Chapter tent, the area for field games and the area in question. I did not throw his parts out of the area. I pulled his tables out so that I could perform my duties. The tarp was my effort to expand the rest area. Had the weather been as predicted, it would have been useful.
                            Again, I apologize to anyone I offended.
                            Sincerely,
                            Charles Gallo

Comment

TED- Thanks for the reply. I never did get an apology and don't really care if I get one now even though I heard some were given out. Even if I did get one I was so pissed off it would not have stopped me from writing this entire rant. Little John will most probably never be back. Please remember his day probably did not start on Thursday. It started sometime earlier in the week while it was 90 degrees. We load our trucks sometimes a day ahead and some people like John drive long distances to get here. You then unload only to have someone throw your stuff in the street? I do give John credit for probably having more restraint than I would have had if it was my personal belongings that were touched. My friend Jay who lost his spot is still upset also. Sitting in the hot sun while six vending spots sat taped off all day Friday did not sit well with him either??? Unbelievable and totally thoughtless.

But please do not get me wrong as I am not an unappreciative SOB. I know there are MANY MANY people behind the scenes that donate their time and work hard for this chapter to make this event possible. Some have done it for years with little recognition and I see that. That is why every year on Saturday before leaving I would track down Dan M and thank him personally for all his TEAMS hard work. The hard work made it possible for me to attend and do what I have to do to make ends meet. Sometimes when Dan was not around when I left I would drive by the Chapter tent and say "thanks" to anyone and everyone who was there. Someone from the Chapter needs to try and contact John personally and make things right.
                              Respectfully, Jp 4340

Comment

Working...
                              X