Build date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build date?

Is there a way to determine the build date of a 66 FLH from the engine or frame number, my engine is stamped 66FLH followed by 4 digits.

Approximate date, yes, if you supply digits.

Comment

The Harley Davidson Archives can tell you exactly.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, Can I ask how do I contact the Archives?

Comment

Engine # is 66FLH4570

Comment

7800/365=21.36
            1570/21.36=73.5 = Monday, November 14, 1965 right before lunch, estimate
            Experts check me, 66FLH4570 is 1570 bike.

Harley Archive/History dept.
            3700 W. Juneau Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208

Comment

Call the factory Customer Service Dept, and ask them for build date information on your serial number. After a few days, they'll send you an email providing your information.
              VPH-D

Comment

Thank you 1950Panhead,

Comment

Originally posted by 1950Panhead View Post
                  7800/365=21.36

Harley Archive/History dept.
                  3700 W. Juneau Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208
                  Thank you for your answer, Not sure how you work it out? Helps explain the paint scheme on my tanks, similar to the 65 Panhead, there is a photo on my previous thread on throttle cable,

Comment

Originally posted by VPH-D View Post
                    Call the factory Customer Service Dept, and ask them for build date information on your serial number. After a few days, they'll send you an email providing your information.
                    VPH-D
                    Thank you.

Comment

7800/365=21.36
                      Nice theory, but flawed. The factory did not build bikes 365 days a year. Most years they shut the line down for a month every summer to revamp for the new models and nothing was built. They also built bikes in lots, especially for commercial customers and Police. And they built standard spec machines at the beginning of the season to supply dealers with inventory, then as things slowed down they were able to do custom orders and special editions (Shriner, Spring special colors, etc), so basing a build on a set number of days doesn't fit reality. There were also engine numbers that didn't get released due to internal repair due to mechanical issues and were released far out of sequence.
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

The factory did not build bikes 365 days a year.
                        True, divide by 52 and the answer is the same, yes, production was variable thus an estimate, upsrod has a date, you want to guess the difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1950Panhead View Post
                          True, divide by 52 and the answer is the same, yes, production was variable thus an estimate, upsrod has a date, you want to guess the difference ?
                          I managed to navigate through the HD telephone directory, you know "press 1 for ???" but did speak to a woman who took my details and seemed happy to help, they have both my postal and email address and will forward the information.
                          I will post the information when I have it.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I will post the information when I have it.
                            Please post when you get date, my wish is a 30 day window, 15 before, 15 after, we will see.

Comment

Below is information I received from the HD archive. There is no time mentioned in the book.

Hi Warren,
                              Here is the information regarding VIN# 66FLH4570. This is a 1966 FLHFB built September 22nd, 1965. We only have total number FLH built in the 1966 Model Year which is 5,625.
                              I have attatched a copy of this VIN from the original Build Books.
                              Thanks,
                              Jamie

Comment

Working...
                              X