Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Maryland's Eastern shore

New member here, Name' Steve
    I am a 3rd generation motorcyclist, my grandfather rode and maintained countless 2 wheel machines, and the oldest story I can remember him telling me was him riding a Harley to Philadelphia to visit his father on a bike he couldn't recall what year it was- but it had a 2 speed trans (or hub!)
    Many motorcycles passed thru his ownership including a 4 cyl Indian, which he despised,,,, and sold for 15 bucks in the late 40's. (his crystal ball was busted)
    Dad had a few machines too, but. By 1970, 4 kids later he had sold the last one, a 58 hydra, which he deeply regretted. Then jap bikes came and went, and now he has reserected an old flathead lately and rides it a little.

My Uncle , on the other hand, held on to almost all of his bikes from his youthful days, and they were stored in a cow barn thru the 70's until he garaged them 35 years ago.
    Fast forward to today, now I am the keeper of the old iron, and want to finish some work my uncle started, preserving these old cycles, and hunting for the next missing part......
    And I'm gonna have alot of questions......

Welcome to the forum Steve, I am originally from western MD, Cumberland. There is a lot of expert advice here. Just ask, someone will usually know, just be patient sometimes it takes a few days for a response. Good luck with your resurrections.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Welcome, Steve! I'm in the middle of the state. Montgomery County. Dale

Comment

Working...
      X