Mark's Indian Parts. Buyer Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark's Indian Parts. Buyer Beware

So I ordered a set of handlebars for my 1930 Indian 4 from Mark's Indian; I paid 400.00 for them. I opened the box to find two dents where they were bent from the mandrel, one hole 3/8 and another 7/16, when they were both supposed the be 3/8, none of the holes were deburred, rough edges where the spirals mount, had to run a ball hone through the bar end to make the throttle spiral work smoothly, and lots of shavings from the machining process stuck in all of the wrong places. They have No phone number to contact them, so I emailed them and never got a response. I would have thought for the price I paid to not have to spend 5 hours of my time to get them ready to paint!

Buyer beware.

Dave

I am happy to report that a resolution is in the works. Mark called me and we discussed the problem. At first he was reluctant, but after a few measurements he realized that the problem was on his end and said he will do whatever it takes to make it right. I will report back when everything is settled.

Dave

Comment

right on, glad to hear that

Comment

The replacement handlebars arrived. They were what I had expected the first time. Mark also credited me the money for the powder coating.

Good outcome

Comment

Working...
        X