1929 Package Truck Fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1929 Package Truck Fender

Guys, I'm building a 1929 MWP Harley Package Truck. I found a fender in Iowa last week but need some help figuring how it was originally attached.

I know that there were several styles to do this. From my parts manual the fender assembly was a 6228-26 for M and MW in 1929. The book lists several parts: Top Brace, Lower Front Brace, Lower Rear Brace, Inner Clip, but has not pictures of these. It's hart to make sense out of what these are from the description.

I'm specifically looking for anyone who might know exactly what these are and possibly even have pictures/patterns.

Mike
    Attached Files

The factory brochure suggest that they are quite similar to a standard sidecar fitment, however the inner clip is likely mounted differently due to the spring location. Later Package trucks mounted the fender to the box to move along with it.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That's helpful Robbie, thank you.
      So I'm looking for specifically what those connections look like, measure etc. Particularly the inside. The book lists parts for which there are no pictures. Also the components listed seem to have unique part numbers for "M and MW" between 1926 and 1929.
      Ultimately I'd love to buy a reproduction of each piece as long as I know they are correct but I haven't seen anything out there for sale. Short of that, I'm looking for someone who might have patterns. Short of that, I'd at least like to have pictures.

6235-26 Top Mudguard Brace
      6236-26A Lower Mudguard Brace Front
      6238-26 Lower Mudguard Brace Rear
      6243-26 Inner Brace Clip

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X