35mm showa dual disc Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm showa dual disc Help

Looking for any tips or tricks that might help me with this setup.

After dismantling the aftermarket wide glide, i started putting together the front end with the correct narrow glide trees. My problem started after trying to change the fork oil in the sliders. The right fork leg went as should, changed the oil no problem. Reassembled and now in the trees. Now on to my issue. The left fork tube cap will not budge. Ive tried a few things, but wondering if this is a common problem that could have an easy fix.

Thanks for any help.
    Member # 26994

First and foremost is a proper fixture to hold the offending tube. A pipe vise is ideal. The offending tube should be carefully wrapped with an old inner tube or something suitable to protect it from the vise jaws. Soak with a penetrating oil, I like Kroil, for 24 hours. After 24 hours put it in the vise, select the proper socket and hit it with an impact gun. It should come loose. BTW you did not mention what you had tried.

Comment

Very common,
      Could be screw driver or allen plug instead of hex or square.Heat leg with air heat gun will free the plug for removal..often very stuck,boogered,welding thru a nut to the plug..cool for a minute and they turn right out

Comment

Working...
      X