Mike Parti 1935-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Parti 1935-2016

Just heard about the passing of Mike Parti. A member of the AMA Hall of Fame, desert racer, #1 plate sidecar racer, Bonneville racer, pre-school hotrodder, master machinist and master motorcycle restorer. He had a shop and collection we could only wish for. Good friend of many especially Bud Ekins, Steve McQueen, Von Dutch, and Jay Leno. He helped a lot of us kids on the west coast when we first got into "old motorcycles". A fixture at the old AMCA LaMirada and CAMA meets back in the early days.May you rest in peace Mike.
    DrSprocket

Sad to hear. He was a very gracious host every time I stopped by. RIP

Comment

It wasn't until I was proofing "Mile Markers" in the May/June edition of the Antique Motorcycle today that I read that Mike had passed. I was very fortunate to meet him last summer at his shop/museum. Mike did not know who I was although I was sent to meet him by our mutual friend John Stein. Mike held court with me for an hour outside his shop until he was convince I was who I was reported to be.

I was then given a three hour personal tour of his 50+ years of collections and creations. I will always treasure my brief hours with a true legend of the Southern California motorcycle scene. He will be missed by his many friends.

Comment

Working...
      X