68 FLH tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 FLH tanks

I have a 68 FLH that Has been re-painted.I am going to do another re-paint to make it look like a 68 but the brackets that hold the emblems are a 1/2" higher than the emblems on a friends original paint 66.Is this correct ?If not,can I remove the brackets and reposition them?How should L remove them?

Post a picture of your tank. If they were original type tanks the position would be obvious as the tank had dimples behind the screw holes on originals. If they are aftermarket or later (mid '70s) tanks the dimples would not be there. What kind of petcock is on them?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

There is a male thread on the left tank for the pet-cock.The strips or brackets that you screw the emblems to must havedimples behind them for the screws.If I measure from the fill neck to the front screw hole it is about 5 1/2".Is there any way I can get dimensions for the paint layout for the pennant?Have not figured out how to post pictures.

Comment

Male threads equal late tanks. Copy the location of your buddy's tanks. Yours never had a correct one on them. No male fitting tanks had screw on emblems.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie,
          IIRC, most of the 70s FLs had screw on emblems, but not the 78s, which had plastic glue on style.
          VPH-D

Comment

Correct John, i was not paying attention to what I wrote. I meant that no '60s screw on emblem tanks had male threads, but put it up all wrong.
            Thanks
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

So,I found a set with female threads in left tank with later AMF emblems.will these work on my 68?

Comment

If they have a female thread in the left tank, with emblem racks, they would be say '75 or older. They should be just fine for your 68.
                VPH-D

Comment

Working...
                X