No announcement yet.

Buco Twinmaster Saddlebag Literature??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buco Twinmaster Saddlebag Literature??

Helping a friend trying to find literature for Buco Twinmaster Mounts for Harleys. He wants to mount a pair of Buco Twinmasters to his ’83 FLHS. He has the bags and mounts (not sure which brand motorcycle these mounts fit??). Does anyone have any Buco literature they can share regarding Buco Twinmasters and H-D mounts?

Thanks,
    William

William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

He is going to have to fabricate some bits, especially to get the bags out past the caliper (or his new bags will be junk in short order). AFAIK Buco didn't bother with mounts for H-D Big Twins since the H-D bags were better and most bikes came with them. Most mounts will fit '60s era Honda, Triumph, BSA, BMW, etc.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Robbie. Most of the photos I've seen with mounted Twinmasters were on early metrics. We discussed fabbing mounts which would need to push the bags out away from the caliper (right) & chain guard (left). Might to be to far out (while clearing the caliper) for his preference. Cool looking bags though! He's also building a control module to light the inner lamp first, then the outer lamp for each bag (similar to the Ford Mustang turn signal sequence).
      William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
      http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

I have some photo copies that came from a old Buco sales book showing the mounts for a lot of different bikes. As Robbie said you may have to make clearance adjustments. The Duo-Glide is one of them shown. At one time I would buy the bags and mounts when they were not in demand and could then see what bikes the mounts fit. They also made a universal mounting system. I could text the copies to a phone, if interested PM me.
        Jim D
        Jim D

Comment

Working...
        X