Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1927 Henderson - complete, restorable, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1927 Henderson - complete, restorable, etc.

Hey AMCA Members, I just joined the group as I'm an old car and bike fan but mostly an old car guy. I have built and restored many older muscle cars and a couple of early 70's bikes. (a Norton 850 Commando and a BMW R-90)

This wanted ad is for a 20's Henderson. I know they're rare, expensive, etc. but I'm determined to pick one up in the next year or two. Why? Well, my grandfather was one of the first 8 Beverley Hills PD officers. He was also the 1st BHPD bike cop and his service bike appears to be a 1924 to 1927 Henderson. We did some research with the Beverly Hills PD Historic Society and found pics of him on the bike, etc. We also have his badge #7 and other related memorabilia. He died in 1931 from complications resulting from a gunshot wound he received a couple of years earlier.

I'm 53 years old but my son is now 20. He's getting into cars & bikes so I'm looking for a 24 to 27 Henderson that is either running or not to restore. I'd buy one done but most appear to be a bit out of my budget in a restored and 'turn-key' state. My goal is to restore the bike and keep it in the family along with my grandfathers BHPD documentation, badge, and story.

I know there are a lot of other bike options out there but this one has particular sentimental significance to our family. Send me a message if you know of one that a fellow collector has that may want to part with.

Thanks,

Doug Gale
    (he's the bike cop on the right side of this photo)
    RC Gale with BHPD.jpg
    Last edited by dgale914; 05-07-2015, 11:16 AM.
Working...
X