No announcement yet.

New Member in Dorset Uk with a 25 J(E)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in Dorset Uk with a 25 J(E)

Hi from the south coast of England.

I've already got way too many British and European vintage bikes so, having never owned one, thought I'd buy a Harley !

In for a penny... In for a pound... So Bought a 1925 J(E)... with chair.

She's not what you might call "restored" more "has patina" and you can substitute the word patina for flakey paint, few battle scars and plenty of external oil in places it really shouldn't be. But she's a runner, if a little smokey.

As you can imagine, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I'll sort some pictures as soon as I can

I love J model Harleys, and particularly early Js. 1925 is an interesting year as it was the first streamlined H-D and had more than a few '25 only parts. I'm getting ready to get serious about my 1916 J, and it too will have a sidecar. Looking forward to some pictures, and welcome to the AMCA forum.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Hello
      Chris from Hambledon Hampshire England, so not to far from Dorset.
      Currently riding a breakout, restoring a Korean war WLA and have a restored 1927 J that is a riding experience to behold especially on a hill start, right foot on the rear brake so you don't go backwards as there is no front brake, and now your only spare foot is needed to engage the clutch ! maybe a hand clutch is not a bad idea !

Comment

Dear Chris, Email me at amcaeurope@aol.com and I'll add you to the circulation list for our European Chapter newsletter. Welcome to our great Club! We have 350 European members in 20 countries, all with American bikes, and mostly also members of their national old bike clubs. Hope to see you around, or at our next National Meet in Holland 27-29 May 2016.

Comment

Working...
        X