WTB: S&S Two-Throat Carb Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: S&S Two-Throat Carb Parts

I picked up a complete S&S Two-Throat Carb (HT900) and am in need rebuild parts. I have searched the web, contacted S&S and no one seems to have any obsolete parts. Does anyone have a master rebuild kit for the two-Throat Carb they wouldn't mind selling? I'm also looking for the following: Throttle Shaft, p/n 11-2254 or Throttle Return Spring, p/n 11-2082? Or a gasket / seal kit.
    Thanks, William
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

William!

PM sent...
    What does the shaft look like, and how thick are the butterfly discs?
    I may have other pieces, but wouldn't know them if they bit me.

.....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hopefully, you're going to put that carb on a stock sized motor. They don't breathe well enough for strokers.
      VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        William!

PM sent...

.....Cotten
        Cotten, Replied to your P/M. Will measure discs (butterfly & choke) in carb and forward info. Attached is an exploded view from S&S install instructions. I'm looking for Item #27 (Throttle Shaft), #7 (Return Spring) and gasket/seal set.

VPH-D: No application planned. Didn't figure throats were large enough for a big inch motor. I just plan to clean up / rebuild. This carb is hard to find.

Thanks,
        William
        Attached Files

Comment

IIRC, the two throat was only available for a couple of years. We only sold one that I can remember, most riders bought the B carb.
          VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            William!

PM sent...

.....Cotten
            Cotten,

I was finally able to pull the butterfly discs and measure them. The bronze throttle shaft/steel bushings(?) have all but galvanized together (even after days of Kroil and light heat) and the discs have been a bear to remove (all trying to avoid carb body damage). The disc's thickness measures 0.048" - 0.050" (1.21 - 1.26mm) and Dia. is 1.6175" (41.08mm).

Thanks,
            William

Comment

William!

I would think the shaft is brass, and I'm surprised there were bushings as the print doesn't show them, but then I'm clueless about modern carbs. (Most vintage motorcycle bushings were Monel, or so I'm told.)
              If you can salvage the shaft at all, custom bushings would be easy for anyone with a lathe. The disc thickness is the same as common vintage carbs, and for all I know, maybe even dual-throated auto carbs like Webers or whatever. Such a shaft may be adaptable, or perhaps even two common Linkert shafts could be spliced.

Since discs are usually oval, they are measured in line with the screw holes. Is there any stamping or other indication of an angle?
              Unless there was borewear, you will certainly want to re-use them.

It looks like a square molded float in the print. Hope there is plenty of room in the bowl.

I can't help much more that that, as I am only conjuring without holding one in my hand...

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten,

You are right, the shaft is brass. There appears two thin steel(?) bushings; one at the throttle lever side and one at the return spring side of the body. Appears no bushing between the two venturies or bores. The discs are oval and measure 41mm across (screw hole line) and 43mm tall. The edges are chamfered top and bottom (opposite angles to seal against the body) and no chamfer where the disc fits inside the shaft. Neither disc has any markings (like the Linkerts that I'm use too).

My throttle shaft is toast. I like the idea of splicing two linkert shafts. I look into that!

Thanks for all your help & insight!

William

Comment

Working...
                X