Hi everyone from schwenksville, pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone from schwenksville, pa

Hi everyone! Finally joined! Don't know what I was waiting for.... So a little about me..... I'm 29 years old. Grew up around bikes.. My dad always rode and used to race in the 60s and 70s.... And his dad rode since the 20s/30s (have some cool old pics of him with his brand new early knuck, Indians, and later his servi-cars) so I ride a 90 springer softail as my everyday bike (which is set up like a retro chopper with the monster sissy bar and king queen seat for my wife) and is a cool throwback, but I really love the early stuff and really dig the teens/twenties boardtrack racers. I work as a custom stainless fabricator/tig welder and have a nice fab setup in my garage at home where I tinker on all kinds of stuff. I buy/sell/ and restore all kinds of things, from bikes to antique printing presses and am fascinated with anything mechanical from the late 1800s to mid 1900s... Well that's a little about me. Ps. Anyone have any idea what this bottom end is from??? I've had it for a while and have never been able to find out what it's from... Looks like it could be real early motorcycle and the guy I got it from said it had a Yale cylinder on it when he got it but didn't know what it was.... No markings and the strange thing is the cases are cast iron or steel and it has this strange 3 hole cylinder mounting pattern... If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Would love to build it up someday! Thanks a lot! -mike pasella.

****okay well I can't seem to get the pics to upload, they just keep trying to load but won't any tips for that would also be appreciated. Thanks

2015-01-04 11.41.56.jpg2015-01-04 11.42.27.jpg

Ok think I got it!!

Comment

That appears to be some sort of industrial piece. In any case, welcome! You are in a hotbed area of antique and vintage motorcycles with a number of great AMCA chapters within a reasonable distance. I see that you are about 30 minutes from Oley, I am jealoous.
      Last edited by Lonnie; 01-08-2015, 01:53 PM.
      Lonnie Campbell #9908
      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Thanks lonnie! Yeah oley is great and being a half hour away is awsome! Ill be there regardless but hopefully i can get a spot there this year.... i got on the list. Yeah the motor is most likely from some sort of farm equipment or something, but was hoping someone on here might recognize it..... thanks, mike pasella

Comment

Working...
        X