New member from Portland Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Portland Oregon

Hello my name is Joe, new-ish member in Portland Oregon. Last September my father and I procured a 1935 VLD and after getting a copy of Steve Slocombe's excellent book we dived into restoring the bike. I look forward to getting to some of the meets to hopefully put some faces to the names I have come to know and trust on these pages and look forward to participating a bit more than the lurking and information sponging I have been doing over the past year.

Welcome Joseph. It takes a little while to feel comfortable but our members love to help and there is a wealth of good information here. I had a '35 V(something) but it was mismatched, and incorrect. A good friend of mine got the bike and eventually put everything in order. As I've told many people; when you first get a bike you know nothing, and a year later, you're an expert. Like they say; there are no stupid questions, but there sure are some stupid answers
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome to the group. I'm in Corvallis, OR and assembling a 1923 JD from parts.
      If you want some activity in Oregon try http://www.oregonvintage.org/
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the VL, post a picture or three of the redo. John in NC

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and tips. I plan to post a bit about the restoration on here, hopefully soon!

Comment

Working...
          X