Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 Chief "Cast Iron" Oil Pump

Hello all,
    Hope to find someone out there who has an 1947 Chief Oil Pump, complete or a core, that they're willing to part with for a fair price.

Thanks

There's one listed on Ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INDIAN-MOTOR...74d19a&vxp=mtr
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the EBay Listing.

Comment

Just checked out the 47 Pump on EBay.
        This particular seller will not accept my bids. Be careful doing business with this seller. I had purchased a single item from him, a Pathfinder Fender Tip, which was a "What you see is what you get" item.

He had listed other parts that I had an interest in but the photos he listed did not show views of the complete part, like where maybe it had been laying in the mud, rusting away.
        When I started asking specific detailed questions about items, he did not answer any of my questions and blocked me from placing any further bids. There is no returning any parts to this seller.
        That's my experience with this particular EBay Seller.

Comment

I do not know this seller but have purchased multiple items from him before with no problems. I will certainly scrutinize more so any future purchase from him due to your experience. Thanks for the heads-up. I always look at any purchase on ebay as "Buyer Beware For Sure."
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I have purchased before from this seller and always good.One transaction pics didn't show a small weld repair.He said he missed it and returned payment and shipping.
            Pictures are key.For instance the shaft hole in listed pump appears to be buggered from the common mistake of trying to remove gear by tapping out shaft,driving key thru hole.Repairable if that's the case but something I would ask him about.Again he always responded to my questions.
            Good Luck
            Tom

Comment

Dunno if you're still looking, Ebay strikes again:
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/INDIAN-MOTOR...8b141c&vxp=mtr
              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks for the Ebay oil pump info. I should have posted that I was able to buy one off Ebay a few weeks ago. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for me.

Comment

Working...
                X