Marsh Lantz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marsh Lantz

AMCA member, Marsh Lantz died on Wednesday. Marsh was a long time motorcycle rider, collector, and restorer. He was born in West Virginia and became a lineman in the early 50s as part of the drive to bring electricity to that state. He was also an aircraft mechanic, pilot, and balloonist. Marsh had a limitless number of stories, and he was an expert storyteller. My fondest memories of Marsh are sitting with him and Mark Woodstock in his backyard shop eating peanuts, drinking beer, surrounded by his motorcycles, and listening to his skillfully crafted stories. Marsh was not well known in our club, but anyone that met him will never forget him. I’m writing this as a tribute to a great friend, but I particularly want to mention his friendship with Mark Woodstock who he regarded like a son. There was almost 40 years between them but that was not a factor in their deep bond. Old motorcycles have brought us all together but it is the friendships that are priceless. Rest in peace, Marsh.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

It's always sad to hear of another old timer passing. Mr. Lantz sounded like quite the individual. You painted a vivid picture Eric. Hopefully his friends can keep his stories alive. All the best to his family and all those who knew him.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
    X