Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cherokee Chapter National Road Run is also a Social Event for Members and Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherokee Chapter National Road Run is also a Social Event for Members and Friends

The National Road Run Is a very big deal, but it is also a chance for Social interaction with our Membership, Plenty of people are donating their time to make this happen correctly. There will be plenty of motorcycles to look at, There will be a Meet and Greet area at YO resort, camping and nightly campfires by the river, plenty of spots to watch the bikes go by for those unable to ride for whatever the reason. New members should drop by and introduce yourself, bring an interested friend or two so they can see what we are all about. Volunteer to help out for a few hours with other members and make our out of town (State) visitors feel at home.

There will be some great people coming from many states, a few National Board members will attend, to see if we are just bragging about having a great Chapter, or if we are in fact one of the Fastest growing Chapters in the AMCA. Take the time to thank Jon Neuman and his Road Run Team for all their hard work pulling this together.

Members over 64 may ride with the group on a modern motorcycle. Some of our members on more modern bikes will be part of the safety team, and others will form riding groups and enjoy the scenery in the general area. Steve Klein reports the wildflowers are going wild for us to enjoy

AMCA members are invited to stop by and check us out, Join if you want, be part of a very active social Chapter that not only enjoy old bikes, we enjoy each others company. Every chance we have to get together the more people join in.

We are an extremely Family Friendly Chapter, bring the kids or Grandkids for an afternoon of fun, a day or several, there will be plenty going on in the area. IT IS SPRING

Watch out for each other, give a helping hand, and above all have fun safely "Texans Drive Defensively". There are plenty of Deer and other wildlife enjoying spring also.

Shelby Withrow, Membership / Events Director

The 2014 Cherokee Chapter National Road Run is in the history books. The final numbers of riders and passengers will be posted, but on the second day we stood at 161 Motorcycles and riders, but more joined for the last day. I am extremely proud of how well our Chapter hosted the event, the amount of work before, during, and after, by our members to ensure the enjoyment for all of our guests.

I encourage all that attended to post their pictures, comments, and thoughts on this forum or to send them to our website www.cherokeeamca.org. look on contact page for Greg McFarland our VP/Webmaster.

The turn out from Confederate and Diamond Chapters was great, we also had a large number from Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, many who joined our chapter as a show of support. We thank you. For those that traveled many miles from California, Idaho, Ohio, Florida and all the other States to many to mention. (You will not believe the Hudson Hornet with Attached Antique Motorcycle carrier from California till you see the picture posted on our website).

A Special thank you to Carson Classic Motors Cannon Ball team, and the other independent Cannon Ball Riders that helped make this event Special. Thanks also go out to the National Board Members, Chapter officers and others that attended, hope we helped show how a fun run can be held with the politics put aside, and fellowship prevails.

We are encouraging all AMCA members in the surrounding states to Join our Chapter as part of the on going Cherokee Chapter Reach Out Program. Small groups do not need to have their own chapter, officers, newsletters, and websites when regional co-coordinators will do, The Cherokee Chapter is firmly committed to help promote the gathering of AMCA members in regional events of interest to Antique Motorcycle enthusiasts across a wide area. We will be expanding our website and newsletter to include social events our Members are invited to attend in your areas (remember we like to visit other areas, at the best times of the year, to ride with friends in other states)

Thanks for your support of the Cherokee Chapter, one of the most friendly and fastest growing Chapter in the AMCA
    Shelby Withrow, Membership & Event Director

Comment

Hope you don't mind crappy cell-phone photos.....0413142010.jpg0414140840.jpg0413141618e.jpg0413141736aa.jpg0413141803.jpg
      ​A little hail/wind storm delayed the start on the 1st day, but.....
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

...Storm left, fun started. 0413141718a.jpg041514b.jpg041514e.jpg041514f.jpg0413141621 (2).jpg
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

0416141452.jpg0413141946.jpg0415141034.jpg0416140900.jpg0416141106.jpgIf you ain't havin' fun yet, when ya gonna start?
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Stolen from the website, hope I don't get in trouble. Computer illiterate so I dunno how to set them up properly. "Only 10 photos allowed!"

Last edited by frichie68; 04-20-2014, 08:56 AM.
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Howdy chaps,

That was the moment when a Shorei lithium Iron battery expressed its displeasure for being subjected to a three brush with a cutout on an early machine. Unlike lead acids, these and AGMs fail nearly instantaneously, the former from over-volting and the latter from excessive current.

Excellent road run, great hospitality with huge turnout featuring some very unusual machines, Scott Flying Squirrel and the only four Nimbus's I've seen at one gathering and ridden.

See y'all in Bardstown in a few weeks, W. Virginia in the Sept. and Maggie Valley/Barber for the Vincent folks in Oct.

(that's my green Knuckle).
              Cheerio,
              Peter
              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Congratulations to Cherokee Chapter and thank you for putting on a great event. I had some real fun riding my "loaner" bike, a '59 Panhead. (Thank you, Steve) Everyone involved with Cherokee Chapter Road Run should be proud. You (or should I say y'all) ran a well planned and thoroughly enjoyable road run. Thanks for everything. Fred.
                Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                  Congratulations to Cherokee Chapter and thank you for putting on a great event. I had some real fun riding my "loaner" bike, a '59 Panhead. (Thank you, Steve) Everyone involved with Cherokee Chapter Road Run should be proud. You (or should I say y'all) ran a well planned and thoroughly enjoyable road run. Thanks for everything. Fred.
                  It was a pleasure to have the AMCA Director of Chapters, relax and enjoy the moment. For you to see first hand how this Chapter has jelled into a well run, membership driven dynamic group of great people willing go the distance to put on an awesome event, will go along way to dispel the naysayers that think our Reach Out program would not work. Our Cherokee Chapter is Alive and Well setting the Bar High. Shelby

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                    Is that who took my 59 Panhead for three days? I gotta get keys made for it I guess?
                    Steve Klein
                    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                    American Pre-teens - 1965
                    AMCA Member 12176
                    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                    Steve@SteveKlein.com
                    Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

What a great time my wife and I had at this run. We joined on Monday and met many great people. We are looking forward to the next run and hope we will have our 65 FLH ready. I want to thank Dwight, Lyle and Steve for all the help with getting signed up and information about my 65. Here is a link to some pictures we took at the run.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=3&page=1
                      Stewart AMCA #24359

My worst day of riding was better than any day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewarts65 View Post
                        What a great time my wife and I had at this run. We joined on Monday and met many great people. We are looking forward to the next run and hope we will have our 65 FLH ready. I want to thank Dwight, Lyle and Steve for all the help with getting signed up and information about my 65. Here is a link to some pictures we took at the run.

http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/st...?sort=3&page=1

I had a great time too-but when I clicked your link......"
                        This album is Private."

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

STEVE:
                          I hope you had as much fun as the rest of us did, looked like you were in all-ahead-full-mode 100% of the time.
                          I heard one comment that the constant grins made us older guys look younger as the wrinkles were pulled to the back of our heads.
                          One thing unusual about this event: I heard NO gripes, complaints or grumbling at any time. None. Not even during the hail storm. Very unusual for ANY type of social gathering.
                          Thank You for the fantastic time.
                          We're gonna do it again in a month or two, right????
                          Last edited by frichie68; 04-22-2014, 08:28 AM.
                          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Sorry about that. Just changed the setting, should be good now.
                            Stewart AMCA #24359

My worst day of riding was better than any day at work.

Comment

More pictures at https://amcatexas2014.shutterfly.com/
                              Shelby

Comment

Working...
                              X