Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding rocket sidecar owners!!

Looking for other Goulding rocket owners that could help with information
    Trying to determine the year of mine and a couple other rocket owners sidecars, year and serial number location? other information needed the sunburst trim I have only seen a photo of one that had 4 of the pedals.
    My rocket is original paint with 3 pieces of nose trim there were no screw holes and no traces of a 4th piece of trim on the bottom.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Chuck, lets add hub style to the list, number of steps on the star hub…possible style of step? dia. of the tub at the nose seam? your thoughts Mr. Big?

Comment

Sounds good Larry,
      Mine has the solid wheel not a spoke wheel like some I have seen.

PICT6640.jpgPICT6636.jpg

My step is in between the sidecar and bike it is a solid plate with the ends slightly curved upwards.
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Here a picture of my Goulding laying in wait for me. Maybe this summer. I am looking for one of those wheels. What size tire is on there? How wide is the rim? IMG_7994.jpg

Comment

Sport Rocket vs. Rocket and tires

Larry, According to the literature that I have on Goulding Rockets and sport rockets the sport rocket is 2" narrower on the nose end this explains the difference in our sidecars and with the trim.

Terry, The tire I believe to be original also and is in fantastic condition it's a Goodyear Eagle heavy duty 4 ply 5.00-16
          Attached Files
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Terry, should have pics posted on the new Goulding Petal nose trim this week….are you still needing a chrome nose….send me the diameter of your tub at the nose seam, Chuck1848 shared a critical detail, "all noses" are not the same
            Last edited by L Burke; 03-31-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Hi, missed this one, look for a late 40s Nash/Rambler 6 bolt hub if it is a solid wheel, if a cycle axle, Harley Star with 16 or 18 inch rim.....turn that poor tub over and post a good picture of the tail section..like to see it. I have seen Rockets with the Indian fender....they look great, real Buck Rodgers look...neat neT

Comment

Hi Terry,
                Look for a late 40s Nash if your rig is a 6 bolt hub, 4:50 to 5:00 x16 on the tire...check with Chuck to be sure...we are building him a set of replacement petals....are you ready for a chrome nose, we are working our first out of mild steel, polished to 600grit...testing a new chrome paint process with a restoration house here in town, up close on a light reflection meter, registering a 58, show chrome running 60+

Comment

Working...
                X