New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy

Just joined, an awaiting the arrival of a 1972 xlch, 9k miles, was in barn since 94 out in Il.Being shipped by SDI trucking, I bought the same bike in 1972, as a 19 year old.I guess I am going to restore it to it's former glory, me not so much, 62 and still kicking though. Never done a restoration before, I have my bench built in the cellar and an ready to begin. Glad to be here. steve

Congratulations on finding your old bike. Now if I could just find my 1960 Cushman Super Eagle out there somewhere.

The forums here hold a lot of information about restoration, paint, spokes, truing, engines, etc. You will find many helpful resources in the coming years.

Old Chief

Comment

Welcome, Steve!
      And...umm....We like photos (hint-hint)

Rich
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Nice! That's great you're getting your old bike back! ME? I never sold my first bike! That one is a 1965 Honda CB160 that my dad gave me to learn how to ride on. That was back in 1972 too! Spent a lot of time "Back in the trails" on the Honda. Now I ride it on the street "legally". Oh... I also own a couple other H-D VLs too. I don't want to limit myself ;^)

Have FUN!
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Welcome aboard. My first 'vintage' bike was a 76 XLCH. I restored it to new cosmetically, but it had a really hot motor inside. Was a very slippery slope.

Great bike and great taste in first vintage bikes. Here's hoping it's not the last, because they are like peanuts. You can't have just one!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I also own a 89 flhtc, that I found in watham, ma in a guys dining room, for the last 5 years, with 16k miles, it fired the bug in me.With the death of my wife,almost three years ago, from ALS, I find myself with alot of spare time on my hands, so, why not buy bikes .

Comment

Working...
            X