Mike Hebert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Hebert

Its with a heavy heart, to pass this information along--we lost Mike Hebert, of Jericho, Vt. last night!!(9-2013).. Long time Yankee Member, AMCA member, and former partner of Harbor Vintage Motors, Jonesville, Vt.. Mikes wife Olga, wanted me to get the word out to his friends.. We will miss the lug for sure-rest in peace my friend,rest in peace!!

What a sad day. Mike was a true gentleman. Vl king and antique firearms expert and so many other talents. He will be sorely missed. Brian I know you and mike were close so prayers and thoughts are with you too. I knew mike since early 90s and he helped me immensely on so many different projects. Most of all he was a great friend. RIP mike. Anthony Rutledge

Comment

That's a shock. I saw Dave/Rat ten days ago at the shop, and he told me Mike was in hospital, but I did not expect this. I did business with Mike for nearly 20 years at Harbor Vintage, then saw him several times in Florida after his retirement. He was always knowledgeable and polite in business, then happy in the sunshine after all those Vermont winters. My condolences to Olga and his family, and his many friends. We'll miss him.

Comment

GodBless

Mike/So sorry to see you go.We had many a great time at the early amca meets.God Bless you and yours. Loyd

Comment

Sad news. Mike was a true gentleman and I always like his relaxed manerism. RIP brother.

Comment

Local boy who will be missed. May you go to a place where your bike starts first kick every time... the roads are always twisty and gas is .25 cents a gallon.

Rest in Peace... and loud pipes.

Sirhr

Comment

BPK- Very sorry to hear about the loss of your close friend Mike. There is an Obit in the Burlington Free Press online.
              Maybe someone with the technoligy can post a link here so everyone can read it. 46EL

Comment

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bur...99#fbLoggedOut

Here is a link.

Text:

MICHAEL EDWARD HEBERT JERICHO - Michael Edward Hebert, of Jericho, Vt., and Venice, Fla., died Sunday evening, Aug. 18, 2013, in Fletcher Allen Health Care following a succession of illnesses. Mike was born in Hartford, Conn., on Sept. 9, 1943, to Wilfred E. and Felicia (D'Angelo) Hebert, the first of their five children. He grew up in Newington, Conn. He was an avid hunter and fisherman in his youth. Mike graduated from A.I. Prince Regional Technical School in Hartford. After service in the U.S. Navy (Sept. 1962 - Sept. 1966), he attended Ward Technical Institute in Hartford, where he had been awarded a full tuition scholarship. He graduated in Jan. 1969, earning an associates degree in Industrial Electronic Technology.

He was hired as a Senior Equipment Technician at IBM in Essex Junction, moving to Vermont with his first wife, Margaret, and their two young children. He worked at IBM for eight years, before seeking other challenges. In the 20-plus years prior to his retirement in 2004, he was partner/owner of Harbor Vintage Motor Company. He applied his hunting skills to procuring parts for use in the restoration of antique American motorcycles in the shop and for sale to antique enthusiasts. He meticulously restored several bikes for his own use, including his 1949 Harley with sidecar. He had a personal collection of motorcycle literature which he considered his retirement fund.

Mike married the love of his life, Olga (Hodgetts) on June 29, 1994. They shared many travel adventures, with a month in New Zealand, a weeklong raft trip through the Grand Canyon, and winter vacations in Abaco, the Bahamas, among them. For the past eight years, Mike and Olga spent winters in Venice, Fla., where they purchased a home in 2011. Mike was a well-known collector of sharks' teeth at Caspersen Beach in Venice. He was also an avid reader with a particular interest in history.

Mike was predeceased by his parents, Wilfred Emil Hebert Sr. and Felicia Hebert; brother, Harvey; brother, Wilfred E. Hebert Jr. "Bill"; and sister-in-law, and Bill's wife, Elizabeth Hebert. He leaves his wife, Olga Hebert of Jericho and Venice; daughter, Renee Myers and husband, Charles, of North Augusta, S.C.; son, Kenneth and wife, Maureen, of Watsonville, Calif.; and grandchildren, Elizabeth, Johnathan, Will, and Jack Myers, and Gianna and Angela Hebert. Mike is also survived by his sister, Jeannie Leonard and husband, Shawn, of Simsbury, Conn.; brother, Tom Hebert and wife, Jean, of Manchester, Conn.; nephews, Greg Hebert, and Kieran Leonard; and nieces, Emily Hebert, Margot Hebert, and Melissa Hebert. Also predeceasing him were his hounds, Charlie and Old Pete; and his cranky cat, Jaxson. They reserve a special place for him in animal heaven. He leaves Olga's siblings and their children and grandchildren; Olga's son and daughter and her two grandchildren, who all loved him as family; numerous cousins; a host of special friends; and grateful customers worldwide.

His wealth of knowledge will be greatly missed in many circles. The family would like to express gratitude to the doctors and nurses of FAHC surgical ICU, medical ICU, McClure 5, and especially the palliative care team for the end of life care provided. A celebration of Mike's life will be held at the convenience of the family in early September. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hotone.jpgLove.jpg

Comment

FYI,
                    We are having a celebration of life service for Mike Hebert on Saturday, September 7. It is open and informal and people can attend between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.., it will be at the Jericho Community Center, 329 Brown's Trace in Jericho Center, Vt.

Comment

mike was a nice guy, gods speed mike

Comment

Working...
                      X