741 Linkert Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 741 Linkert Questions

Went through the carb, everything looks good.....with the choke fully closed the bike will start and run a short time then die, will die immediately if you try to take the choke off or give it any gas....float level is correct....any ideas? Been a long time since I messed with a Linkert...

Mike

Originally posted by eldomike View Post
    Went through the carb, everything looks good.....with the choke fully closed the bike will start and run a short time then die, will die immediately if you try to take the choke off or give it any gas....float level is correct....any ideas? Been a long time since I messed with a Linkert...

Mike
    Mike!

The first step with any tuning problem is to make certain that there are no vacuum leaks: http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html

Then we can go on to other things, Good Luck!

.....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I wondered that also.....guess I will check the intake nuts today...

Comment

mini update....kicked the bike again this morning...full choke it fired up and ran smooth on both cylinder for a few seconds(sprayed wd40 around the intake, no difference) and then acted like it ran out of gas...going to go through the carb again, beginning to think thats the problem...

Comment

Mike!

The WD40 trick only works with enormous leaks, and killing the motor is what it does.

Until you bubble-test, you cannot be certain that it isn't sucking air.
          If there is a problem, bubbles will tell you exactly where, and how much.

Of course the carb could be amiss as well, but they are very, very forgiving!

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Mike, believe me the "bubble test" is worth investigating and you're already miles ahead with Cotton paying attention to your questions. You'll have that Indian purring in no time!
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Did you remove screw plug at mounting surface for idle slot and see if clear?

Comment

Did you ever figure this out I am having a very similar problem?

Comment

Working...
                X