S100 Cycle Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S100 Cycle Cleaner

Anyone using this on their vintage bikes? OK to use on my FLH windshield, etc?

Brother swears by it for his newer E Glides, was wondering if their are any caveats or concerns before I screw up my '65 :-)
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

I have never used it on my old bikes as I just hand wipe all the oil off after several rides. S100 is all I have used for years on my modern bikes. The only issue I have with it is it will leave white spots if not rinsed completely. I would probably use it on old stuff if I washed them that way. I don't want to hose down my old ones as water is not good in generators/wiring or on leather seats/saddle bags.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Comment

It is a little hard on parkerized parts, great on cad and aluminum.

Comment

gunk, good old gunk.

Comment

s100

works great on new bikes they are clear coated to protect paint bad stuff keep away from orig paint antiques very strong be sure to dilute this stuff .just to caustic for old finishes leaves a residue just one mans opinion paul g bergeron minot maine

Comment

Worked fine on the '65 restoration. Didn't melt my windshield either. A little better than simple green. But this thing doesn't leak, don't have any serious oil buildup anywhere. The major problem was that I ran it in the rain and that dang front backing plate took some work. Mother's billet, Fletch (sp?), didn't really cut it fast enough. They worked OK on the front fork legs, headlight nacelle, fork covers though. That backing plate is seriously porous I think (like the front fork legs) think. Went to a rubbing compound which worked a little better. I think best thing is to get it clean then well waxed and it will be less of an issue.

Really doesn't matter if the bike is spotless for the judging though. Got a nice junior first at 98.5 points. So pretty happy in the end. We'll see how it holds up at the next two meets.
            Ray
            AMCA #7140

Comment

Forgot to thank Paul for his input. Good to know. In this case it's a restoration so "modern finish" (no clear coat though) that replicates HD Hi Fi Blue. Lots off effort into it. But good point to be aware of if working with original paint bikes.
              Ray
              AMCA #7140

Comment

I hand a spray bottle of S100 that had a hole near thge bottom and it rested on a painted steel work bench for about a month. Ate the paint off the bench. Am sure teh paint was not the best quality but I will never use it again.
                Ed
                Ed Glasgow
                # 2053
                http://www.edsindianbolts.com/

Comment

Wow Ed!

Now I gotta get some.

...Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                  X