Mort Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mort Wood

Mort Wood passed away on Monday May he rest in Peace he weas a great guy and will be missed at all the show's

I am sorry to hear that. I first met Mr. Wood at the Natural Bridge road run around ten years ago. Our parking spots were next to each other at the hotel and as we were both early to the lot for the days ride, we had some time to visit each morning. I would wait to push the magic button on my 65FLH until he had cranked, and warmed up his 38 four, the quietest, best running Indian I ever heard. A pleasant and friendly fellow, I will miss seeing him at the meets as well.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Our prayers go out to Dottie.

I met Mort when he was caretaker of the Pikesville National Guard Armory in Maryland in about 1980. He was all for the idea of a local antique motorcycle organization in Maryland. That led to us forming the Chesapeake Antique Motorcycle Club, which morphed into Chesapeake Chapter, founded along with Dave Panella, Ken Watson, Byron Pierce, Bill Potter, Bill Blankner and several others. Mort always wore a smile and had an upbeat attitude. His knowledge of Old Motorcycles was voluminous. He will be missed!
      Gerry Lyons #607
      http://www.37ul.com/
      http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I didn't know he was ill. Mort was a fixture at all the Florida meets from the old Maguire Field meet to Eustis. I sold an Indian Big Chief to Mort, and bought many things from him over the years. He's another old timer I wish I had known better. What a week; my 93 year old uncle died on Tuesday. Rest in peace, and my deepest condolences to friends, and family.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

I only met him once at the meet in Eustis, what a fantastic Gentleman he was, I only wish I had know him better. Our prayers are with his family, Larry May

Comment

Anyone have any info on the funeral of Mort Woods

Comment

I didn't know Mort well but talked to him at several meets. Short story, Mort showed up at our Dixie Chapter Swamp Tour, a local GA road run about 8-10 years ago. When I arrived the day before the run, he was already there being the first to show up with his 1930 Indian Four. We sat and talked for a while when he expressed his concern that he might have trouble keeping up with the later model bikes, I assured him that we would not leave anyone behind and also had a chase truck to follow. He stated he would bring up the rear. The next morning when everyone was ready to go, he jumped into the lead and wouldn't let anyone pass him, so we all settled in behind and let him lead the way all day except the last few miles stretch were everyone wound the bikes out back to the motel.

Rest in peace Mort, and condolences to friends and family.
              Louie
              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I didn't know Mort at all but I've been aware of him for many years. I seem to recall an appearance in the movie "Indian Summer" and various articles that I've been fortunate enough to read over the years. It's always sad to hear of another one of the old timers passing on. I think the reality of it all is part of the reason I believe so strongly in this club and it's importance in the aspect of carrying on knowledge. When the rest of us follow suit it's this club that will remember why we were so crazy about these old bikes. Rest in Peace Mort. May the thunder of Springfield iron be ever prominent in the heavens.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

I knew Mort for over 30 years. Got the news from Mike Terry this week. We had fun busting on each other over the years. I'll never forget the time he bought a set of NOS 41-46 Knuckle tanks (in primer with factory tag and all) right out from under me for $150 at Oley...and he was an Indian guy! I lost track of him in recent years when he stopped coming north...I'll miss seeing him at the meets...RIP Mort...It was a pleasure to have known you...

Comment

According to Slojo, Frank Zappa used to wash Mort's car when he lived in Baltimore. . . . But, I don't think Mort was a big fan of The Mother's of Invention. Uncle Mort could sure dig up the good stuff and he made everything available. He was a collector, not a hoarder.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

May the Lord's perpetual light shine upon him now and forever.
                      Denise

Comment

Working...
                      X