Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Springfield Museum De-accessioning some bikes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield Museum De-accessioning some bikes....

I was at the Springfield Museum today (they now house the Indian Collection) to give a talk.

As I was getting ready for the speech, some of the docents were showing pictures of at least a couple of bikes being de-accessioned from the collection. One looked like a pre-1903 machine of some variety. Not Indian... but American early single. Bikes are going to auction and from the copy I saw, the auction is being promoted in Hemmings.

Just some intel... watch for some neat stuff to come out of storage rooms, methinks...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Early pre-1903 eh? Now you've got me interested!!!! I checked the Hemmings site and didn't find any details yet. Thanks for bringing it up Sirhr. I'll have to pay attention now!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junki...k-2450774.html

Looks like Bonhams is auctioning it in Vegas... From the Esther Mathos collection (DON'T TAKE ANY PHOTOS... ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES???).

Hope they have better luck with Bonhams than we had at the Simeone sale. They ****ed that sale up at a level of epic that I can barely begin to describe. If you are thinking about using Bonhams Motoring Department for anything but bottom-feeding at pathetically-managed sales... don't bother. I would consign a used moped to them at this point. Utterly incompetent.... just my $0.02. But I'll share details if anyone is thinking about putting a bike with Bonhams' clowns...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

FYI---it appears the Indian Museum has all ready sold off some of the collection this past September@ the "Galley at Knotty Pine Auction Service" located in West Swanzey, N.H. I had my eyes on that Clymer Munch for years, sadly it is gonzo! BPK!!

Comment

Working...
        X