Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding hook-ups?

Folks,

I came home from D-port with a Goulding "Wonder" frame, but nothing that attaches it to a motorcycle.

Does anyone have pictures of the hardware to mount it upon either a rigid Chief, or H-D Big Twin?

Thanks in advance,

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Cotten,

This may or may not be of help to you... http://www.gouldingsidecars.com/Chassis.html ... If not, I'll bet if you make contact with the folks on the website you may just find your answers.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Cory!

I found that site of course,
      but the "Wonder" frame is certainly different from the "Litecar", and maybe its my antique browser, but there seems to be little about it.

And there doesn't seem to be any designations of mounts for different marques of motorcycle frames.

The only thing I remember about riding one is that it makes it very difficult to kick the motorcycle to start it.

Thanks!

....Cotten
      AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten,

I've been thinking that maybe next year I would see about attaching the hack and giving it a go. I've piloted a sidecar rig only one time and I remember it being very different!!! I'm sure the youngsters in the family will enjoy it though. I'll dig through a book or two and see if I can drum up any info on the "Wonder"!!!! You've got my curiousity going now!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          Cotten,

I've been thinking that maybe next year I would see about attaching the hack and giving it a go. I've piloted a sidecar rig only one time and I remember it being very different!!! I'm sure the youngsters in the family will enjoy it though. I'll dig through a book or two and see if I can drum up any info on the "Wonder"!!!! You've got my curiousity going now!!!
          Cory, If I remember correctly you got ALL of the mounting hardware to attach the sidecar to the bike the kids will love it and once you get use to it I think you may find yourself leaving it on I would like to find a goulding at some point for the 57 pan.

Cotton, I would try calling them like Cory suggested there must be some info there that you may be able to use for the wonder frame.
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Tom, Bill Rodencal is a Goulding Guru and wrote a chapter on them in Johnny Sells book. You can email him at fatdog1903@yahoo.com
            Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Kyle!

I have Johnny's book on the wall;
              Hate to get it dirty, but I guess its time to unwrap it...

Thanks!

...Cotten
              PS: Wow!
              Bill did a great job with the photos;
              And the diagrams are much more legible than printing off the 'net.
              I must thank them both again next year at Davenport.

Mine has more of the connections than I thought, but for the missing rear assembly.
              I can only assume it is similar to the LS.

Since this is the third hack in my pack, I really wonder what I shall do with my Wonder!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                Kyle!

I have Johnny's book on the wall;
                Hate to get it dirty, but I guess its time to unwrap it...

Thanks!

...Cotten
                PS: Wow!
                Bill did a great job with the photos;
                And the diagrams are much more legible than printing off the 'net.
                I must thank them both again next year at Davenport.

Mine has more of the connections than I thought, but for the missing rear assembly.
                I can only assume it is similar to the LS.

Since this is the third hack in my pack, I really wonder what I shall do with my Wonder!
                Tom, What is good with the goulding chassis is there's more adjustment for your alignment to the bike which in turn will reduce the rear tire wear on the bike pretty much the same as a front end alignment on a car or truck.
                If I remember from an earlier photo you posted the black sidecar,wasn't that hooked up to a 65 pan? had a dog standing on it
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck!

The puppy pic had that 'appliance' upon my wife's '65, with a '66 hack frame.
                  The H-D frame in the above photo is a '39 that came with the Goulding in the deal (delivered!).

(My wife insisted that I put a tub on for the pooch.)

If I cannot find (or fab) hook-ups for the Goulding to attach to my Chief project, I fear it may go back to Davenport next year... priced accordingly.

Without hook-ups, which certainly will cost more than I spent on the Goulding, it is a lawn ornament.

....Cotten
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM.
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Chuck, yes I do have all the mounts for my hack. I believe the only thing I'm missing is the brake rod.

Cotten, cool pic of the sidecar lineup. That old steamer trunk looks like it belongs on the one in the background!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Cory!

I hope so, that's the Goulding.

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776

Comment

These are the mounts that were hooked on to the '48 Panhead with a gouling rocket

Comment

Thanks, Willey!

It is almost certain that I shall have to "recreate" some missing pieces.

I have been collecting trailer balls for some time, and hopefully one will work for the rear mount.
                          It is hard to see between the clamshell clamps;
                          is it the end of the ball that is flattened, or is that some sort of pad inside?

Every clue is appreciated!

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

On my LT I have mounted on my scout, the ball is round but has some rubber padding in it so it is not metal on metal. It took me years to come up with the right connections for my rig but well worth it!
                            20scout

Comment

All the bits in the attached photographs are for sale and as far as I know are all Goulding bits.
                              There are two photographs from different angles of the one pile of stuff.
                              First come, first served.
                              Attached Files
                              Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                              A.M.C.A. # 2777
                              Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                              X