new member quest about 62 guide lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member quest about 62 guide lights

Hi, I am a new member and have a 62 FLH Duo Glide. I want to find the original spot lights and bullet marker lights.

Can someone tell me if the correct spotlights for the '62 are the Guide S-H2 w/the light bulb and toggle switch or the Guide 62 with the 6V sealed beam? The parts manual shows '48-'61 6V for the S-H2 and '62-'67 12V for the 62 Guide. The panhead was 6V till '64 so its a bit confusing. Were the Guide 62 made in '62 for the '63 production line of bikes?

Another question on the Bullet lights, I see DH-49 and B31 lights, also see different glass lens, the pointed ones and the pointed w/an indentation around the center. Any right or wrong ones for a '62? I believe it should have clear ones for the front and red for rear? Are the 6V flashers available from anyone?

And a final question about CP bolts, I am missing a few of the original 1038CP and I see posts about 1035CP, were the 35s and earlier version? Should a 62 have all 1038CP and were all the bolts stamped 1038 or were some with a blank head?
    Thanks in advance for your help and I am glad I am finally a member.
    Warren McLaen
Working...
X