1925 Indian chief cylinder machine work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 Indian chief cylinder machine work

Can anyone reccomend a shop to restore Indian Chief cyliders? They need to be nickel plated, bored or sleeved and have a valve job. I have not been able to find a shop that can service these. I understand that newer chief pistons (alloy) may work.
    thanks!
    steve

What part of the country are you in Steve? Someone will point you in the right direction with allittle more info.

Comment

Thanks- I am in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
      Steve

Comment

Have you tried the big name folks?

Indian Engineering John Bivens/Jerry Greer Engineering
        Kiwi
        Starklite Cycle

Hopefully our Technical Director "Red Fred" will have some valuable information for you.

If you are looking to do it yourself, then start going to some car events in your area and start asking about engine machine shops. Then start visiting them till you find one that you are comfortable to work with that is willing to take on the work.

Same for a plater. It is my understanding that you will want "Electroless" as it will give you a more uniform plating over the original "Electro" which would deposit more plating on the higher spots and less in the depths of the fins.

Sorry I can't help much more than this, as I am going thru this for my first time also.

You might also try the Virtual Indian yahoo groups site.
        Last edited by Knotthed; 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM. Reason: Added VI information
        AMCA #10930

Comment

Working...
        X