48 chief electricall testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 chief electricall testing

Hi All going thru 48 chief testing electrical system while waiting on parts . 6v converted to 12v . using a test battery to power up front fender lite and tail lite work as so as i wire in head light i lose running lights and get head light disconnect head light and running lights come back on. using temp. ground wire to frame motor mount. ce generator wire in but not clamped down yet will that make a difference. M.C.

Does the test battery light the headlight if you connect only the headlight to the battery?
    Andy Wander

Comment

48 chief electrical

yes the headlight comes on

Comment

It would be a lot easier to figure out what you are doing, and possibly help, if you used some periods and other punctuation in your description of the problem. As it is written, it is hard to tell where one thought ends and the next begins.

No offense meant
        Andy Wander

Comment

48 chief electrical

hi No offense taken . I'll try again. wiring all hooked up to the ing. switch following 48 chief wiring diagram. using a temp battery and temp ground cable running lights work , fender and tail light , but when i connect the hot headlight wire to the head light i lose the running lightsbut the headlight goes on. when i disconnect the head light the running lights come back on. Every thing is fresh paint so i'm thinking ground issue? make any sense M.C.

Comment

Certainly a good idea to check grounds. try a wire direct from battery to headlight shell.
            Andy Wander

Comment

Working...
            X