India batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India batteries

My 6v India battery for the 741 Scout has died .Anyone know if they still can be had anywhere, or is there any other replica batteries available ?
    Paul

Check with Ziggy. There was some concern Taiwan Ted had some problem or issues in getting more. Ziggy had some last time I checked. Also, do yourself a favor when you get one. Take a dremel into and around the terminals as deep as possible with a small round burr and fill in with black casting resin using a syringe and you will never see any grunge on your terminals or wires. Really stops leakage, and battery holds up much better. Just keep th water level correct at all times. Marty

Comment

Almost seems like a shame to put a India battery in an Indian.

Comment

It looks like Throttlemasters in Chicago is still selling some on eBay:
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Vint...sories&vxp=mtr

I never had much luck with these, but I hope you do!

Dave
        AMCA 9757

Comment

The India made battery is a virtual exact copy of the aftermarket battery for Indian after 1953 when Fillrite batteries were no longer available. If you take the time to seal the terminals correctly, they can give years of service with no leakage around the posts, which they have a bad rap for. Just like originals, they are very sensitive to correct water level and charge maintainance. The original charging systems were hard on batteries compared to the electronic regulators in use today. Marty

Comment

Working...
          X