New and Happy Member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and Happy Member!

First off I would like to say AMCA is the best thing since hot water. I just got my first issue of the maginize. This is a high class act. Love the ads. They are very useful and the articles are entertaining and informative. I love this club (best thirty bucks I ever spent). I am hoping that some day,some way, we could have a national event in Georgia. The closest ones are in Florida and North Carolina (six hours away both directions). Something to think about. Hope to see ya'll soon!
    Thanks
    Comptime in GA

Being part of the AMCA is something to be proud of Comptime. Glad you're here. BTW, a Georgia meet would be great.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome on board. They need a meet dead center of Texas to support both sides. Some place warm so it can be in February and not overlap all the northern meets which are all ready on top of each other. Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

how close am I in Boise, Idaho to an AMCA meet?

Comment

Let's see... southern Idaho. I'm guessing Dixon, California is the closest.

BTW... welcome aboard comptime!
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Comptime, the Dixie Chapter (GA) is one of the sponsoring chapters involved in putting on the Southern National Meet in NC and also a national road run this fall. Don't know if you have any experience in national meets but it takes a lot of volunteer work, which most chapters just don't have, to put on a good meet. If you want to get involved at the Southern national meet, let me know, I'll put you on the list, it will get you a free staff t-shirt and a couple of free meals, all for just a couple hours work. If not at least try and make the meet, this years theme is "Flatheads", that should keep everyone happy... Indian, Harley, BMW, Reading Standard, ect.....
            Attached Files
            Louie
            FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
            Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

(Response to Robert Luland

Aw shux, I moved to "dead center of Texas" in October hoping to meet some nearby old bike addicts. After all these months, I've only been able to actually meet ONE (count 'em...1!), and he's 30 miles away! BIG daggone state and the Cherokee Chapter seems to be real scattered. Followed my GPS with national roster in hand for days, found lots of vacant lots and a few locked gates (Winter Texans?).
              Still looking but getting a bit up in years/poor of pockets to go very far to the big meets.
              Last edited by frichie68; 07-22-2012, 05:50 PM.
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

30 miles ain't bad, it's almost that far for me to go to town. I'm not too far from the center of Texas, about 200 miles from you. Stop by some time and have a cold one.
                Kerry
                Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

30 miles....now that's funny. You aught to try a sparsely populated state!!
                  Robbie
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by bellbigdawg View Post
                    how close am I in Boise, Idaho to an AMCA meet?
                    Closest AMCA meet to you would probably be Tenino Washington, August 17-18th, it's a great meet. On September 18th the Motorcycle Cannonball rolls into Caldwell ID, leaves the 19th for Hines Oregon, has to pass at least close to Boise.
                    Also there is the Idaho Vintage Motorcycle Club, they have a swap and show in March.
                    Doug.
                    Doug McLaughlin #6607
                    NorCal, USA

Comment

Went to Angel Fire in '08! OK I cheated...trailered my WLA.
                      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Thanx, might just do that! Gotta get some work done, license, insurance, etc 1st. Maybe when it cools off.
                        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                        X