Speedo cable routing and clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo cable routing and clips?

I've seen a lot of Chiefs with rear wheel speedo drives that simply route the cable loosely from the fender grommet to the rear of the tanks without any tie-offs such as the frame clip in this picture. I can't seem to find any documentation as to what is correct, I don't like the idea of having the cable simply hang there, but that is what I've seen most often. So, what's the correct way to route and secure that cable? Thanks!speedo cable.jpg
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Harry,

I'm thinking that pretty well all the Chiefs that I've ever seen have the cable routed as per your photo. I took a look through my old photos and found an original back in the day pic that shows it the same as well. I would have posted it but it doesn't want to blow up to a viewable size without distorting. I had to look at it with a magnifying glass!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for that Cory! It's not an area of the motorcycle that gets photographed much or in close-up.... and when it does there's often seat fringe in the way!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I ended up running mine behind the gen belt guard flowed better to the hole in the rear fender. Right or wrong I like it better haha.

Comment

Working...
        X