Looking for Mack parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Mack parts

Mack90[1].jpgLooking for Mack parts to restore this motor,any body have any thing for a Mack 90 let me know.
    thanks
    Ken
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

Sorry I can't offer any help in the way of parts but that's a cool motor you have there Ken!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Ken, do you realize how rare that motor is? I have only heard of one being made. I'm sure there were more but
      in researching Perry Mack for the last 20 plus years I have never seen one till now. WOW! Where did you find it? Any history? I know of only one photo in existence that shows a 90* motor. And a poor photo at that. In fact only one mention of a 90* Mack motor in all my research. I'm sure it was made by the Universal Machinery Co. of
      St. Paul Ave., Milwaukee. They made all of Mack's motors. Most likely a 1913 motor. Universal went bankrupt in 1914.

Good luck on finding original parts for that. I think the cyliders will be easier to finnish than the cases and cams but
      maybe you will get lucky and all of the parts you need are inter-changeable with Mack's regular motors. If your gonna run it be carefull of broken valves falling into the cyliders. That was the Achilles Heel of Mack motors.

The photo I have shows one intake pipe with one carb in the middle between the cylinders and an Atwater-Kent Sparker for ignition. Battery ignition. Carb would have been Schebler. Other Mack motors were fitted with Bosch or Herz magnetos driven by wide faced spur gears. I have original factory artwork of Mack's other motors but nothing
      on the 90 degree. I also have an original Mack Motor brochure again with no mention of the 90* motor.

Motor most likely was for cyclecars or boats but one really doesn't know. You could use it for whatever you wanted.

Dick

Comment

Well if the Mack historian says so, it looks like you've stumbled across quite the find!!! Thanks for the rundown Dick. Very interesting stuff!

Here's an ad from the May 1914 issue of Popular Mechanics....

Last edited by c.o.; 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
        X