belly tank Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belly tank Indian

I wanted to post some pictures I took at Wheels Through Time last weekend. I don't know what Dale's policy is regarding posting pictures from inside his museum so out of respect I will only post a few pics I took outside. This thing is an Indian 4 powered car, made from an aircraft belly tank. You could spend days at his museum eyeballing some of the amazing bikes and vehicles he has. If you plan to go the WTT, make sure you give yourself plenty of time because you will get lost and before you know it, they will be locking up for the night.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

I also want to say thank you to Dale and Matt for hosting us. You will never find a museum that is more accomodating, and downright friendly than WTT. I plan on going back this summer with a better camera.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

It looks like some fun could be had running that rig! Thanks for the shots Eric.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

That little buggy is way cool. I saw it last year after the "Pickers" aquired it. It seemed all period, and shod with mucho Indian parts.
          Cool stuff, RF.

Comment

it came out of the pioneer auto museum in murdo south dakota. which, by the way, will be one of our hosted stops on the cannonball. they got some cool stuff there.
            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
              That little buggy is way cool. I saw it last year after the "Pickers" aquired it. It seemed all period, and shod with mucho Indian parts.
              Cool stuff, RF.
              Did I see it at Davenport in the display hall? or was that another similar 4 ??

Comment

Yes i so fell in love with that when i saw it on the pickers happy dale ended up with it at the museum so call can enjoy it...one of these days i will make it there...

Comment

Eric,
                  Thanks for posting these pics. Your right about WTT, what a great place. I didn't allow nearly enough time when I was there & everyone was great.
                  I saw both episodes on Pickers, when they bought it & when they sold it to Dale. The selling to Dale part was a bit cold for me, I hope it was all scripted for the show, I'm sure it was. That Belly Tank Indian is fantastic. I understand it was in an old movie with Mickey Rooney. I saw where AMC is going to air the movie, danged if I can remember the title. I'm glad it found a good home. It would be interesting to research its history, especially after the movie. This is a case where I think I would consider restoring it to how it appeared in the movie. But, after much consideration. The white paint, red details & maltese cross do nothing for me.
                  Bob

Comment

It was at Davenport in 2010. Dale and Mike Wolfe (Picker) were discussing the possibility of Dale getting it running for them. I believe it had just been aquired.

Comment

Working...
                    X