Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Honda Dream E3 at Barber's

Hey Guys

Thought you might like to see my 1953 Dream I restored a few month's ago. Here she is...

This is one of the first Honda four cycle engine designs. And a most challenging restoration! Re-created by hand; the complete exhaust system, rear grab rail, all side trim that runs along the chassis, and the rear storage rack, which was pounded out on a aluminum buck from sheet steel. Special Thanks goes to my Buddy Chuck Huneycutt for his help on all of the hand made stuff! Oh and the transmission gears are new too. So there!

Take care guys!

Last edited by denismccarthy; 01-13-2012, 07:31 PM.
    J.Denis McCarthy Come visit The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
    www.barbermuseum.org

Beautiful! Can't be too many around that are as good looking as yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

Comment

How may of these were produced in 53?

Comment

Ricmo

I don't remember.. I think they produced several thousand, but they were never imported here. The States didn't start seeing the Japanese stuff till 1957. This one came here on a Navy boat. We found it in Califorina. Thanks for the kind words guys. Its damn rare though. I know of three others that are here in the states. And I think there are one or two in Japan. Thats about it. Very proud of her!!
        www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Wow! Great job, on a rare machine! Will you have that at Wauseon, or Vintage Days at mid ohio?
          Mike

Comment

Hey Mike

The bike is now on display inside the Museum. She's probably not going anywere anytime soon. Sorry. Funny little story though. The day I finished up the restoration, I dialed the carb in and it sounded really good. Time for a ride... The Park is pretty big. We have a "Ring Road" that we test our bikes out on the circles the track. Its about 2.5 miles around or so.. So I rolled her off the rack and headed out. As I was going through the parking lot, non other than Mr. Barber was walking across to come into the front of the Museum. So I was the first person to ride the bike after the restoration and he was the first person to see it go by! It was awesome! You could't have blasted that smile off my face for about 48 hours!
            www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Denis, Any chance when you do these rides at using a Go Pro camera for the run around the park and perhaps a brief recap with a walk around of the tested machine afterward?

It would be really great to go for a ride along with you as the chance of any of us out here in cyber space of riding something of this category is not going to happen for many in this life time.

Has anyone from Honda seen this or even aware of this Dream?

Comment

Working...
              X