Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIMS on 1930 101 Scout and Harley 45 DL/RL/WL any difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIMS on 1930 101 Scout and Harley 45 DL/RL/WL any difference?

Hello MC friends,

does someone know if there is any difference between the rims on a 1930 Indian 101 Scout and a Harley 45?

Maybe the spoke-nipples are larger on the Harley rear-wheel, but other than that I do not know of any differences....

Would be great to hear about your thoughts & experiences!

Best wishes from Europe,
    gsottl

Hi gsotti

Hecker 101 and IPE sell rims all sourced from Czech Republic made by Reno Indian. I do remember some years ago a friend had problems on his 741 using Harley rims due to some problem with the angle that the spokes entered the rims.

Greetings from the UK
    Regards

Tim

'36 four. '44 Chief & sidecar. '28 Scout. '67 XLCH. '70 BSA. and a Guzzi...............

Comment

Yes, the rim is different. The HD Rim is at a different spoke angle.
      We make 18" Rims, for 1930-1945 Indians. All Rims are made in the U.S.A. and the quality shows!
      http://www.starklite.com/indian-moto...6-149p2043.htm
      If you have any questions please call,
      951-968-3070

Sincerely,
      Gary Stark
      Starklite Cycle

Comment

Thank you for your answers.

In am not interesting in buying new rims. Just wanted to get opinions on the use of these rims.

I am still not 100% convinced as I am aware there is a difference between the rear and front rim of course, but the diameter of the hubs and the front brake drums is very close on Indian 101s and Harley 45 (except WLC) and for this reason there can not be much difference in the angle unless the number of intersections of spokes is different on HD and Indian...??

Cheers,
        gsottl

Comment

The Scout will use a cross 4 spoke pattern. The drilled angle is not only related to the hub flange size, but the cross pattern. I don't know if the Harley is cross 4, it could be cross 3 or something else.

Comment

Working...
          X