Part number identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number identification

Hello, Hope I’m posting this question in the right place. I posted this question elsewhere on the forum and it was suggested to me to post it here as well. I have attached two photos and was wondering if anyone can decipher the numbers that is stamped on this pair of FLH mufflers. I couldn’t find it as a part number in my parts catalog that covers 1941-1984 FL models. I would like to know if these mufflers would be considered “correct” on a 1972 FLH under a judging situation. I know they “look” right for that year but the 65244-70 number along with that B 9N76 number in a different size and font has me wondering what is the “correct” application for these mufflers and what do those numbers stamped on the mufflers mean. Thanks for any help in this matter.
    Attached Files

great question. too bad no answer. not many shovel experts on this forum. try posting at shovelhead.us forum.

I think it's a -70 part that was built in '76. if you get scored as "original", might be "incorrect". if scoring as restored, should not be a hit (ironically). but I'm not an official judge.

Comment

Working...
    X