Seat needed for 1974 FXE Super Glide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat needed for 1974 FXE Super Glide

Looking for an originaL low profile seat for a 1974 FXE, Super Glide-anyone got one? Thanks, BPK!!

Hey BPK is that the seat with the cigar type roll's on it if so I may have a used one good luck billy

Comment

Hey Bill,
      Not sure what you mean? I did have a part #, but I'm told its for the fatter seat(which is what I allready have)! I'll try to get a picture up from my sales brochure-Thanks, BPK!! Safe trip to Wauseon!

Comment

I cannot remember if 74 had the same style low slung ribbed seat that was on the 1975 Model. The Seat on the FX on your website is almost what the seat on my 1976FX had. I remeber taking off the 76 seat and finding the earlier low slung 74 seat which looked a lot better than the original. Jp

Comment

BPK, here is a photo of a 1974 FXE seat, not for sale

If you need other views let me know, Tim

Comment

FXE

DSCN5007.JPGDSCN4999.JPG
            Thanks Tim 4 the pic! Heres Johnny(mine)--BPK!!
            PS: Look at that extra cushion--you know you want it! Thanks JP--your memory is like mine-gonzo!

Comment

My first new HD was a 76FX I bought from Scripo on the Berlin Tpke. First thing I did to it was change the Seat and install a 75 FX Seat. I was 20 and the Bike was 3500 out the door. That was a lot of scratch back then. Jp

Comment

I still talk to Sal Scripo. He's living in Fl. and been real healthy until lately! He is a character, like most of the ol' dealers!
                This is the bike I couldn't afford back then, and most of my pals had'm! I still have my trusty 72 Daytona Triumph! BPK!!

Comment

In 1976 I had a real good job 2 years out of High School working on a loading dock and doing Mechanical work on everything from Tow Motors, Tractor Trailers and Modified Race Cars. I was making $3.25 an hour and had a mint 70 Caddy Eldorado and the FX. I always worked at least 6 days a week 55 hours plus and did Swap Meets on Sundays to make extra money. When I bought the FX from Scripo I couldn't afford the FXE Model as the price was higher. I sold my restored 58 Vette for $3000 and my 47 Chief for $850 so I could buy the FX and afford the Insurance on it. Those were the good old days back when things were made in the USA and there was a job around every corner. Jp.

Comment

Hey Brian I dug that seat out it has 1974 date code looks just like the one in the picture with the exception of a couple of cracks heading out to waseoun will bring it to the hebron meet if you want it A pack of bud will own it

Comment

Hey Bill,
                      Good man, sounds like the one!! Safe trip to Wauseon, I'll hook up@ Hebron-Thanks, BPK!!

Comment

Bill--I picked up a seat! Thanks, BPK!! We'll still have a beer or two!!

Comment

Working...
                        X