Servi-car check strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servi-car check strap

Hello, does anybody know where i can find and buy a check-strap for my 41 servi-car or who makes them? I asked on the CAIMG site with no positive results so i figure i would ask here on the AMCA site...I know it's pretty much the same people, but you never know. Thanks in advance, len.
    p.s. My box jumps up and down really bad when riding it. I have original shocks that are really nice but i would like to refrain from putting them on my 41 seeing how it's all original parts and a very correct build.
    p.s.s. I also need one for my 38 BT sidecar as well and any help is greatly appreciated.
    AMCA #765

Hi Len
    Maybe try googling L&W Body in PA they make the replica 36 to 67 sidecars and some of the older style for the JD'S and VL's seems they also made check straps and other items they should be in Oley next month
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Maybe look at Throttlemasters out of Chicago or 45 Restorations in Albany. I do believe George is selling on Ebay under servicar parts. He is Throttlemasters and had the springs for a Servicar. Warren has a great deal of parts also at 45 Restorations and he is on the net.
      Denise

Comment

I recomend the better shocks . are the bushings ok at the pivot?

Comment

most servicars and sidecars never had check strap . they were for extra weight not normal use

Comment

most servicars and sidecars never had check strap . they were for extra weight not normal use
            Not true! the shock assembly was new for '42. All Servi-Cars previous to that used a recoil check strap to dampen the box movement.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

thanx for correction rubone I was thinking about how much better my '53 was with new shocks-my '38 has check strap

Comment

I think Harbor has the check strap, 802-434-4040. My 36 Servi has a check strap. I have shocks if anyone needs a pair

Comment

thanks richard, time goes by and i don't check the amca as often as i should and nowadays it's hard to remember things or where i wrote them down on..i did figure the early front apron out though and i'm curious on what your 36 dimensions are from the screw holes in the box to the supports?
                  p.s. and it wouldn't surprise me, dave has just about everything and i completely forgot to ask him. that is if i'm not to late.
                  Last edited by len dowe; 04-14-2011, 07:23 PM.
                  AMCA #765

Comment

Just checked rat and he does not have any and he has been looking for 2 yrs now for somebody that repops them correctly as well. The search continues.
                    AMCA #765

Comment

Check straps

Try Way Back Wheels. Scott Blessington is there a lot and he has a 36 Servi and might know. Stephen Gilbert in Canada told me he bought some and I can not remember where he got them. You can get Stephen thru the DL website. I am collecting parts for my 36 Servi and will need some so let me know where you find them. Thanks

Comment

Is this what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Comment

I spoke with Dennis Corso and he stocks the straps , Give him a call

Comment

Working...
                          X